Details is the sole studio album by the musical group Frou Frou. The track "Let Go" also featured in the soundtrack for the film Garden State and in the movie The Holiday. As of 2009, songs Let Go has sold 370,000 and Holding Out for a Hero has sold 152,000 copies in United States while the album has sold 284,000 copies in United States and 29,000 copies in United Kingdom.
Frou Frou are an electronic duo composed of Imogen Heap and Guy Sigsworth from England. They released their first and only album Details in June 2002, which has elements of trip/hop, ambient, pop and rock, using a wide range of traditional instruments and the ethereal vocals of Imogen Heap. 180 gram audiophile vinyl. Limited first pressing of . 00 individually numbered copies on Red vinyl.
And technology is used in a very human way on Details, a collaboration between producer Guy Sigsworth and singer/songwriter Imogen Heap. Together, Sigsworth and Heap comprise the British duo Frou Frou, which has the sort of name that listeners might expect from one of Europop's more bubblegum acts. Hearing the name Frou Frou, one might expect something along the lines of ABBA, Fun Fun, Jemma & Elise, Bananarama, or Aqua. But there is nothing bubblegum about Details - quite the contrary
Released June 4, 2002.
Frou Frou – Details. Label: Universal Music – MOVLP2050, Music On Vinyl – MOVLP2050. This album deserved only the very best pressing and MOV delivered. I'm a huge fan of this album, listened to it more than you'd believe since the week it came out and strongly recommend purchasing this if you're a fan of this album. Not sure if the 1,000 limit is just for the red version and subsequent repressings will exist, or if it's just 1,000 like many other MOV releases.
Frou-Frou is also the name of Count Vronsky's tragic horse in Tolstoy's Anna Karenina. One of the first vocalists Sigsworth contacted was Imogen Heap. Heap relates that Sigsworth invited her to his studio to write lyrics for a four-bar motif he had, on condition that she included the word "love" somewhere. The first line she came up with was "lung of love, leaves me breathless"; thus the Details album track "Flicks" was born. They released their first and only album, Details in June 2002. An album of electronic music with elements of trip hop, pop and rock, the eclectic, intricately produced tracks use a wide range of traditional instruments including cellos, autoharps, guitars, keyboards, and Indian drums, with layered vocals from Heap. The album received critical acclaim, but this did not translate into mass sales the duo had hoped for. "Breathe In" was released as the first single internationally.
Frou Frou Craft creates high quality planner supplies, digital paper packs, one of a kind illustrations, clip art collections and more. You could use them to design your own unique products - planner stickers, scrapbook albums, printable invitations, fabrics, one of a kind clothes, wall art, home decorations, cards, wedding decorations and many more. For details, see individual items. Estimated shipping times.
Tracklist Hide Credits
|1-3||It's Good To Be In Love||4:39|
|1-4||Must Be Dreaming||4:01|
Arranged By [Indian Strings] – ChandruRecorded By [The Bollywood Strings] – Omkar MurthyStrings [Indian Strings] – The Bollywood Strings Orchestra*Written-By – Peter Chill
|1-6||Only Got One||4:09|
|1-8||Hear Me Out
Written-By – Brian Eno, Lee Bennett
Lyrics By [Words], Written-by – Alexander Nilere*
|1-11||The Dumbing Down Of Love||4:41|
|2-1||Breathe In (Radio Edit)||3:49|
- Arranged By – Guy Sigsworth, Imogen Heap
- Artwork By [Art Direction] – Michael Nash
- Bass [Bass Guitar] – Elad Elharar (tracks: 1-3)
- Bells [Handbells], Glass Harmonica, Waterphone – Alasdair Molloy* (tracks: 1-3, 1-5, 1-7)
- Computer [Music Software] – Guy Sigsworth, Imogen Heap
- Double Bass [Bowed] – Mich Gerber (tracks: 1-1, 1-5,)
- Drums – Makoto Sakamoto (tracks: 1-4, 1-6)
- Edited By – Gill Wiseburgh* (tracks: 1-1 to 1-11, 2-1)
- Engineer – Damian Taylor (tracks: 1-2, 1-6, 1-10, 2-1), Gill Wiseburgh* (tracks: 1-1, 1-3 to 1-5, 1-7 to 9, 1-11)
- Lyrics By [Words] – Guy Sigsworth (tracks: 1-1 to 1-6, 1-8, 1-11, 2-1), Imogen Heap (tracks: 1-1, 1-3 to 1-8, 1-10)
- Management – Mark Wood , Mickey Modern
- Mastered By – Tom Coyne (tracks: 1-1 to 1-11, 2-1)
- Mixed By – Damian Taylor (tracks: 1-2, 1-6, 1-10), Gill Wiseburgh* (tracks: 1-1, 1-4, 1-5, 1-8, 1-9), Guy Sigsworth (tracks: 1-7, 1-11), Imogen Heap (tracks: 1-7, 1-11), Tom Elmhurst* (tracks: 1-3)
- Mixed By [Additional] – Damian Taylor (tracks: 1-11), Gill Wiseburgh* (tracks: 1-3, 1-7), Tom Elmhurst* (tracks: 1)
- Other [Live Agent] – Dave Chumbley
- Photography – Stephane Sednauoi
- Piano, Guitar, Drums, Synthesizer, Sampler – Guy Sigsworth, Imogen Heap
- Producer – Guy Sigsworth, Imogen Heap
- Producer [Sound Design] – Damian Taylor (tracks: 1-2, 1-6, 1-10, 2-1)
- Recorded By [John Hassell Trumpet] – Pete Scaturro (tracks: 1-10, 1-11)
- Recorded By [Makoto Sakamoto Drums] – Steve Bush (tracks: 1-4, 1-6)
- Recorded By [Mich Gerber Bass] – Gert Staeuble* (tracks: 1-1, 1-5)
- Trumpet – Jon Hassell (tracks: 1-10)
- Violin – Iona Petcu-Colan* (tracks: 1-1, 1-5, 1-7)
- Written-By – Guy Sigsworth, Imogen Heap, Jon Hassell (tracks: 1-10, 1-11)
Notes12"x6" advance promotional box set. Contains two CDs; 11 track promo of 'Details' on a 5" CD (minus commercial bonus track or enhanced section) and 1 track promo of 'Breathe In' on a 3" CD. Also contains a 1" circular magnifying glass and 3 Perspex inserts featuring a biography, the lyrics to 'Breathe In' and a colour photo. All items are housed inside a Polystyrene tray, which fits inside a white Perspex slipcase, which has the band logo on the front and full album lyrics on the back.
"Hear Me Out" contains a sample of the recordings "An Ending (Asccent)" by Brian Eno.
Recorded at Frou Frou Central London, UK, except:
• Jon Hassell recorded at home.
• Mich Gerber recorded @ Flat Studios, Berne, Switzerland.
Makoto Sakamoto recorded @ RAK Studios, London, UK.
• The Bollywood Strings recorded @ Ganalahari Studios, Bangalore, India.
Mastered at Sterling Sound New York, except, track 12 mastered at Metropolis Studios, London.
Enhanced Section: contains a video interview with Frou Frou discussing production of the album.
℗ & © 2002 Universal Island Records Ltd.
|314 586 996-2||Frou Frou||Details (CD, Album)||MCA Records||314 586 996-2||US||2002|
|cidz 8112, 586 996-2, 586995-6||Frou Frou||Details (CD, Album, RE)||Island Records, Island Records, Island Records||cidz 8112, 586 996-2, 586995-6||Europe||Unknown|
|586995-6||Frou Frou||Details (CD, Album)||Island Records||586995-6||Australasia||2002|
|none||Frou Frou||Details (11xFile, AAC, Album, 256)||Island Records||none||Canada||2002|
|cid 8112, 586995-2||Frou Frou||Details (CD, Album, Enh)||Island Records, Island Records||cid 8112, 586995-2||UK||2002|