The Four Bucketeers - Tiswas Presents The Four Bucketeers album mp3
The Four Bucketeers were an ad-hoc group from the ITV children's programme Tiswas. Officially, the Four were Chris Tarrant, Sally James, John Gorman and Bob Carolgees; sometimes Lenny Henry contributed as well. Gorman was the musical talent in the group, having been part of The Scaffold and the Grimms. The musicians backing them up included Ollie Halsall (guitar), John Halsey (drums) and Clive Griffiths (bass).
An album, entitled Tiswas Presents The Four Bucketeers, was also released. This included both singles (albeit a different version of "Water Is Wonderful") together with other skits from the television series. Contrary to the impression given by the singles, these were not all concerned with pailborne aquatic antics. All of The Four Bucketeers' records were produced by Neil Innes.
Listen to music from Four Bucketeers like The Bucket Of Water Song and The Bucket Water Song. Find the latest tracks, albums, and images from Four Bucketeers. TISWAS presents The Four Bucketeers. Do you know what kind of music this is?
Tiswas Presents The Four Bucketeers - The Bucket of Water Song.
The Four Bucketeers' best-known number (and also their highest-charting single) was "Bucket Of Water Song", which reached No. 26 in the UK Singles Chart in 1980. The song has an uptempo marching rhythm, and is an ode to the joys of open-containerised dihydrogen monoxide. Originally the song was composed and performed as a sketch within the Tiswas programme. According to Sally James, "John came in one day and he said ‘I’ve sort of got this idea’. It’s a march basically, and we all sing this song. An album, entitled Tiswas Presents The Four Bucketeers, was also released.
Information for album "Tiswas Presents The Four Bucketeers": The Four Bucketeers.
1. - Mastermix Classic Cuts 52: Novelty. 1. This artist only has release groups by various artists. View all relationships.
Tracklist Hide Credits
|A01||Hello And Welcome And Off To A Clean Start|
|A02||We Are The Four Bucketeers|
|A04||The Typewriter In Medley With The Dying Fly|
|A05||The Wigan And S.E. Lancs Hopping Club|
|A06||It's Fun To Be A Hopper|
Vocals – Lenny Henry
|A09||One Of Sally James' Almost Legendary Pop Interviews|
Vocals – John Gorman
|A11||Chris Gets Carried Away|
|A12||The Bucket Of Water Song|
|A13||Telly Selly Time|
|B03||Funky Spitttin' Punk Dog
Vocals – Bob Carolgees
|B04||The Typewriter In Medley With The Dying Fly (Reprise)|
|B06||The Village Idiots|
|B08||Water Is Wonderful|
Vocals – Chris Tarrant
|B11||Excuse Me, Chris|
|B12||The Fastest Selling Most Fabulous Record Ever To Be Made In The Entire History|
|B13||Like To Get To Know Me
Vocals – Sally James
Vocals – Matthew Butler
|B15||We Are The Four Bucketeers (Reprise)|
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – CBS Records
- Copyright (c) – CBS Records
- Mastered At – Whitfield Street
- Pressed By – CBS Pressing Plant, Aston Clinton
- Made By – Shorewood Packaging Co. Ltd.
- Bass – John Halsey
- Design [Sleeve] – Robert Elsdale*, Roslav Szabo*
- Drums – Clive Griffiths
- Engineer – Andrew Clark (tracks: A12), Walter Samuel (tracks: A1 To A11, A13 To B16)
- Guitar – Ollie Halsall
- Keyboards – Morgan Fisher
- Performer [Seconded To The Bucketeers] – Lenny Henry, Matthew Butler
- Performer [The Four Bucketeers] – Bob Carolgees, Chris Tarrant, John Gorman, Sally James
- Producer – Neil Innes (tracks: A1 To A11, A13 To B16), Nicky Graham (tracks: A12)
NotesThe Four Bucketeers are: Chris Tarrant, Sally James, Bob Carolgees, John Gorman
Seconded To The Bucketeers: Lenny Henry, Matthew Butler
Regimental Mascot: Spit The Dog
Album Jingles by OJ Jingles
Sally's Hair by Eamonn at Carvers
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Matrix / Runout (Side A label): S BUCK 1 A *
- Matrix / Runout (Side B label): S BUCK 1 B *
- Matrix / Runout (Side A runout, stamped): BUCK 1 A1 ∴
- Matrix / Runout (Side A runout, etched): C̶B̶S̶-̶S̶-̶8̶4̶5̶4̶4̶-̶A̶1̶ THIS IS WHAT THEY WANT!
- Matrix / Runout (Side B runout, stamped): BUCK.1.B.2 ∴
- Matrix / Runout (Side B runout, etched): M̶A̶D̶E̶ ̶I̶N̶ ̶W̶H̶I̶T̶F̶I̶E̶L̶D̶ ̶S̶T̶R̶E̶E̶T̶
- Rights Society: MCPS/BIEM
- Label Code: LC 0149
- Other (Price Code): 51