Allen Toussaint experienced a late-career revival sparked, ironically enough, by the devastation of Hurricane Katrina in 2005. He had to leave his hometown New Orleans after the hurricane, relocating to New York City where he started to play regular gigs at Joe's Pub and, soon enough, he cut The River in Reverse with Elvis Costello. That 2006 album propelled Toussaint toward a greater audience, leading to more headlining concerts, two of which are chronicled on Rounder's 2013 release Songbook
Allen Toussaint – Songbook. Genre: Funk, Soul, Blues. referencing Songbook, CD, Album + DVD + Dlx, 11661-9154-2. I love the tone and style of Allen on this recording. He genuinely acts as if the audience is doing him a huge favor by being there, thanking them profusely. His familiarity and love of the material is obvious, coming from decades of writing, performing, producing and god knows what all other roles he's had in the music business.
Allen Toussaint – Songbook. Selo: Rounder Records – 11661-9154-2. The mood he conjures as he tells the tale of visiting the relatives in the Louisiana is especially captivating and nostalgic. Reminds me of trips to visit my own extended family, although I can't say I had any similar revelations and enjoyment.
The Complete Warner Bros. Авторы текста и музыки. WMG (от лица компании "Rhino Warner"); LatinAutor - Warner Chappell, UBEM, Warner Chappell, PEDL, CMRRA, EMI Music Publishing, LatinAutor, LatinAutor - SonyATV, BMI - Broadcast Music In. и другие авторские общества (4).
This album has an average beat per minute of 116 BPM (slowest/fastest tempos: 66/212 BPM). See its BPM profile at the bottom of the page. BPM Profile Songbook. Album starts at 76BPM, ends at 86BPM (+10), with tempos within the -BPM range. Try refreshing the page if dots are missing). Recent albums by Allen Toussaint. The Bright Mississippi.
This is the discography for American R&B-jazz musician Allen Toussaint. The Wild Sound of New Orleans (1958). Toussaint (1971, aka From A Whisper To A Scream). Life, Love and Faith (1972). Southern Nights (1975). I Love A Carnival Ball, Mr Mardi Gras Starring Allen Toussaint (1987). A New Orleans Christmas (1997). Allen Toussaint's Jazzity Project: Going Places (2004). The Bright Mississippi (2009). American Tunes (2016).
Album · 2013 · 25 Songs. The devastation that Hurricane Katrina unleashed on New Orleans led Allen Toussaint to relocate to New York City, where he performs regularly at Joe’s Pub. Two of those shows were taped in 2009; they're presented here as one long flowing set, complete with brief but friendly between-song chatter as Toussaint sits at his piano. A living legend older than 70, Toussaint sounds like a younger man still deeply connected to his audience and his surroundings. His performance of No Place Like New York is a poignant love letter to a new hometown
Southern Nights (Allen Toussaint album). Southern Nights is a 1975 R&B concept album by Allen Toussaint.
|CD-4||Introduction To Brickyard Blues||0:39|
|CD-6||With You In Mind||3:31|
|CD-7||Who's Gonna Help A Brother Get Further||4:09|
|CD-8||Sweet Touch Of Love||1:57|
|CD-10||Introduction To Get Out Of My Life, Woman||0:11|
|CD-11||Get Out Of My Life, Woman||3:01|
|CD-12||Freedom For The Stallion||4:11|
|CD-13||St. James Infirmary||2:23|
|CD-14||Introduction To Shrimp Po-Boy, Dressed||0:12|
|CD-15||Shrimp Po-Boy, Dressed||3:16|
|CD-17||All These Things||3:42|
|CD-18||We Are America / Yes We Can||4:06|
|CD-19||The Optimism Blues||2:51|
|CD-21||Certain Girl Medley: Certain Girl / Mother-In-Law / Fortune Teller / Working In The Coal Mine||3:15|
|CD-22||It's A New Orleans Thing||3:06|
|CD-23||I Could Eat Crawfish Everyday||2:36|
|CD-24||There's No Place Like New York||2:26|
|DVD-1||Who's Gonna Help A Brother Get Further|
|DVD-2||Sweet Touch Of Love|
|DVD-4||Get Out Of My Life, Woman|
|DVD-5||St. James Infirmary|
|DVD-6||Shrimp Po-Boy, Dressed|
|DVD-8||All These Things|
|DVD-9||We Are America / Yes We Can|
|DVD-10||The Optimism Blues|
|DVD-12||Certain Girl Medley: Certain Girl / Mother-In-Law / Fortune Teller / Working In The Coal Mine|
|DVD-13||It's A New Orleans Thing|
|DVD-14||I Could Eat Crawfish Everyday|
|DVD-15||There's No Place Like New York|
|DVD-18||Bonus Backstage Interview|
- Record Company – Universal Music Group International
- Manufactured By – Concord Music Group, Inc.
- Distributed By – Concord Music Group, Inc.
- Recorded At – Joe's Pub, New York
- Mastered At – CMG Mastering
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Rounder Records
- Copyright (c) – Rounder Records
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Rolling Fork Music
- Copyright (c) – Rolling Fork Music
- Made By – EDC, Germany – 53340256
- Made By – EDC, Germany – 53343559
- Cameraman – Dan Welch , Jeff Turick, Kirk Nehring, Mike "Weezy" Mapes
- Design [Package] – Jimmy Hole
- Engineer [Audio Assistant] – Antolin Diaz, Thomas Maiwald
- Engineer [Joe's Pub Sound] – Kris Uwezawa
- Lighting [Stage Lighting] – Lisa Bernier, Sabrina Braswell
- Liner Notes [Booklet Edited And Essay Written By] – Ashley Kahn
- Liner Notes [Song Notes] – Paul Siegel
- Mastered By – Paul Blakemore
- Other [DVD Authoring] – Mike Bell
- Other [Production Assistant] – Christina Ka'aloa, Dave Eisenstat, Jeff Bollacke, Nathan "Lemonhead" Blair, Stephen Stuart
- Photography By [Black And White] – Michael P. Smith
- Photography By [Cover] – Glade Bilby II
- Piano, Vocals – Allen Toussaint
- Producer – Paul Siegel
- Recorded By [Studio Interview] – Hal Winer
- Recorded By, Mixed By – Sean McClintock
- Video Editor – Gregory Mckean
Recorded at Joe's Pub at the Public, 425 Lafayette Street, NYC, March 1 and September 30, 2009.
DVD Authoring by Mike Bell at Embee Studios, Providence, Rhode Island.
Studio interview recorded by Hal Winer at BiCoastal Music, Ossining, NY, May 18, 2010.
Release comes in cardboard gatefold incl. 19p booklet (glued).
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 011661915428
- Label Code: LC 15025
- Matrix / Runout (CD): 06669 993 477-1 01 ✳ 53340256
- Matrix / Runout (DVD): 06669 993 477-2 50 01 + 53343559
- Mastering SID Code (CD): IFPI LV26
- Mould SID Code (CD): none
- Mastering SID Code (DVD): IFPI LV27
- Mould SID Code: IFPI 01ZC
- Rights Society: BIEM/SABAM
- Other (CD, mould text): MADE IN GERMANY BY EDC B
- Other (Catalogue # CD): 00666999347719
- Other (Catalogue # DVD): 00666999347726
|11661-9154-2||Allen Toussaint||Songbook (CD, Album + DVD + Dlx)||Rounder Records||11661-9154-2||US||2013|
|11661-9144-2||Allen Toussaint||Songbook (CD, Album)||Rounder Records||11661-9144-2||US||2013|
|11661-9154-2PA||Allen Toussaint||Songbook (CD, Album, Promo, Adv)||Rounder Records||11661-9154-2PA||US||2013|