Arranged By, Composed By – Philip Glass. Tracks B1 & B2 Previously released on the album Glassworks.
By: Philip Glass (1987, Electronic). More albums from Philip Glass: Kundun (Music From The Original Soundtrack) by Philip Glass. Violin Concerto, Concerto Grosso No. 5 by Philip Glass. Cute by Philip Glass. Glass Organ Works – Music Of Philip Glass by Philip Glass. Animals In Love by Philip Glass. Satyagraha by Philip Glass. The Thin Blue Line by Philip Glass. Glassworks by Philip Glass. View all albums . DancePieces. By: Philip Glass (1987, Electronic).
Dance I 1:11 2. Dance II 5:44 3. Dance III 2:21 4. Dance IV 7:33 5. Dance V 3:23 6. Dance VI 2:12 7. Dance VII 2:45 8. Dance VIII 4:59 9. Dance IX 8:08. In the Upper Room is a dance/theater collaboration between choreographer Twyla Tharp and composer Philip Glass. This new recording marks the first complete musical document of the 1986 ballet. The first recording of the work, released on Sony’s Philip Glass Dance Pieces, presented only five of the nine movements of the work. The new album features all new music including the world premiere recordings of new works by Philip Glass, Gavin Bryars, David Skidmore, Peter Martin, and Robert Dillon.
DancePieces (LP, Album). DancePieces (LP, Album, Ltd). DancePieces (CD, Album).
Music by Philip Glass The Philip Glass Ensemble & Guests Michael Riesman, Conductor.
The following is a list of compositions by Philip Glass. How Now for ensemble (also for piano, 1968). Music in Fifths (1969). Music in Similar Motion (1969). Music with Changing Parts (1970, recorded 1973). Music in Twelve Parts (1971–1974). Another Look at Harmony, Parts I and II (1975). Dance (Dance 1, 3 and 5, 1979, with Lucinda Childs and Sol LeWitt). A Descent Into the Maelstrom (based on the short story by Edgar Allan Poe, 1986).
|6||Glasspiece #1 ("Rubric" From Glassworks)||6:03|
|7||Glasspiece #2 ("Facades" From Glassworks)||7:20|
|8||Glasspiece #3 ("Funeral" From Akhnaten)||8:52|
- Copyright (c) – Sony BMG Music Entertainment (Germany) GmbH
- Bass – John Beal (tracks: 1 to 5)
- Cello – Fred Zlotkin, John Abramowitz* (tracks: 6 to 8), Seymour Barab (tracks: 6 to 8)
- Composed By, Arranged By – Philip Glass
- Drums – Don Christensen (tracks: 6 to 8)
- Engineer [Recording And Digital Mix] – Don Christensen (tracks: 1 to 5)
- Flute – Paul Dunkel (tracks: 1 to 5)
- Flute, Piccolo Flute – Jack Kripl
- French Horn – Robert Carlisle* (tracks: 1 to 5), Joseph Anderer (tracks: 1 to 5), Sharon Moe
- Percussion – Emu Lator (tracks: 1 to 5)
- Piano, Synthesizer, Keyboards, Conductor – Michael Riesman
- Producer, Engineer [Recording And Digital Mix] – Kurt Munkacsi
- Soprano Saxophone – Jack Kripl (tracks: 7), Jon Gibson , Richard Peck (tracks: 6 to 8)
- Tenor Saxophone – Richard Peck
- Trombone – Alan Raph (tracks: 1 to 5), Robert Smith* (tracks: 1 to 5), Dennis Elliot (tracks: 1 to 5)
- Trumpet – William Rohdin (tracks: 1 to 5), William Rueckenwald (tracks: 1 to 5), Wilmer Wise (tracks: 1 to 5)
- Viola – Al Brown* (tracks: 6 to 8), Harold Colleta* (tracks: 1 to 5), Julian Barber* (tracks: 6 to 8), Linda Moss (tracks: 6 to 8), Lois Martin (tracks: 6 to 8), Maureen Gallagher (tracks: 6 to 8), Sol Greitzer (tracks: 1 to 5)
- Violin – Anahid Ajemian (tracks: 1 to 5), Carol Pool (tracks: 1 to 5), Elliot Rosoff (tracks: 1 to 5), Mayuki Fukuhara (tracks: 1 to 5), Sanford Allen (tracks: 1 to 5)
- Violin, Viola – Jill Jaffe (tracks: 1 to 5)
- Voice – Dora Ohrenstein
NotesPackaging: jewel case housed in an O-card
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 828767821023
- Other (SPARS Code): DDD
|FM 39539||Philip Glass||DancePieces (LP, Album)||FM , CBS||FM 39539||Europe||1987|
|FM 39539||Philip Glass||DancePieces (LP, Album)||FM , CBS||FM 39539||US||1987|
|PMT39539, PMT-39539||Philip Glass||Dancepieces (Cass, Album)||CBS, CBS||PMT39539, PMT-39539||US||1987|
|MK 39539||Philip Glass||DancePieces (CD, Album)||CBS||MK 39539||Europe||Unknown|
|39539||Philip Glass||DancePieces (LP, Album, Ltd)||CBS||39539||Greece||1987|