Abominog is the 14th studio album by British rock band Uriah Heep, released in March 1982 by Bronze Records in the United Kingdom, and in September 1982 by Mercury Records in the United States. It was their first album without keyboardist Ken Hensley. The album was critically acclaimed and fairly commercially successful, due in part to the band retooling and updating their sound to a contemporary style and delivering a "punchier, more pop metal era-appropriate effort.
By the dawn of the 1980s, Uriah Heep was considered a relic in the heavy metal world and no one was surprised when they disbanded shortly after 1980s half-hearted Conquest album. However, everyone listening received an unexpected surprise when the band returned with a new lineup and a sleek, revamped sound on 1982's Abominog. If one can get past the Spinal Tap-like title and the gruesome cover art, this outing quickly reveals itself to be one of the most consistent and engaging albums in the group's lengthy catalog.
Band Name Uriah Heep. Released date March 1982. Labels Sanctuary Records Essential Records. Music StyleHard-Rock. Members owning this album16. 1. Too Scared to Run. 03:48.
Abominog - четырнадцатый альбом британской рок-группы Uriah Heep. В записи альбома впервые принял участие вокалист Кен Хенсли. Альбом был тепло встречен критиками и получил коммерческий успех частично благодаря возвращению группы к классическому хэви-метал звучанию. Live King Biscuit Flower Hour Presents Uriah Heep in Concer - 1997.
|A1||Too Scared To Run||3:49|
|A2||On The Rebound||3:15|
|A5||Sell Your Soul||5:22|
|B1||That's The Way That It Is||4:09|
|B2||Think It Over||3:34|
|B3||Hot Night In A Cold Town||4:03|
|B5||Running All Night (With The Lion)||4:22|
- Marketed By – Polygram Records – Intl.#6399 353
- Marketed By – Phonogram, Inc.
- Distributed By – PolyGram Distribution Inc.
- Manufactured By – Polygram Records
- Manufactured By – Phonogram, Inc.
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – PolyGram Records, Inc.
- Copyright (c) – PolyGram Records, Inc.
- Pressed By – PRC Recording Company, Compton, CA
- Recorded At – Roundhouse Studios
- Mastered At – Masterdisk
- Engineer – Ashley Howe, Nick Rogers
- Mastered By – Howie Weinberg
- Mixed By – Ashley Howe
- Photography By – Fin Costello
- Producer – Ashley Howe
NotesRecorded at The Roundhouse Recording Studios, London, England - Oct/Dec 1981.
Pressed by PRC Recording Company - Compton, CA as indicated by "26" on the label
Also lists the sides as "Side 1" & "Side 2"
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Matrix / Runout (Side 1 Etched): SRM-1-4057-AS-PRC - C-2-1
- Matrix / Runout (Side 2 Etched): SRM-1-4057-BS-PRC - C-2-1
- Matrix / Runout (Side 1 Stamped): MASTERDISK HW (etched)
- Matrix / Runout (Side 2 Stamped): MASTERDISK HW (etched)
- Rights Society: ASCAP
|BRON-538, BRON 538||Uriah Heep||Abominog (LP, Album)||Bronze, Bronze||BRON-538, BRON 538||UK||1982|
|SMRCD185||Uriah Heep||Abominog (CD, Album, Dlx, RE, RM)||Sanctuary Midline||SMRCD185||UK||2005|
|14C 062 64776, BRON 538||Uriah Heep||Abominog (LP, Album)||Bronze, Bronze||14C 062 64776, BRON 538||Greece||1982|
|SRM-1-4057||Uriah Heep||Abominog (LP, Album)||Mercury, Bronze||SRM-1-4057||Canada||1982|
|ESMCD 571, GAS0000571ESM||Uriah Heep||Abominog (CD, Album, RE, RM)||Essential, Castle Communications||ESMCD 571, GAS0000571ESM||UK||Unknown|