Risqué is the third studio album by American disco band Chic, released on Atlantic Records on July 30, 1979. One of the records that defined the disco era, the album became highly influential not only within the movement, but also in other styles such as hip hop, art rock and new wave.
Chic was very much in its prime when it recorded its third album, Risqué, which contained hits that ranged from "My Feet Keep Dancing" and "My Forbidden Lover" to the influential "Good Times. That feel-good manifesto is one of the first songs that comes to mind when one thinks of the disco era and the Jimmy Carter years, but Chic's popularity certainly wasn't limited to the disco crowd.
Label: Atlantic – P-10701A. Format: Vinyl, LP, Album. and Electric Lady Studios, . Mastered at Atlantic Studios in . Fonzi Thornton & Michelle Cobbs courtesy of Bruce Wallace Mgt.
Songs on Risqué of Chic by Rockol. Rarities, Oddities and Exclusives. All Their Hits (Live). Falling in Love with You. The Very Best of Nile Rogers and Chic (Live).
Chic, Pablito Mas, Bigghie Banger. Le Freak - C'est Chic. The Chic Organization 1977-1979. Dimitri From Paris Presents Le CHIC Remix. Chic, Dimitri From Paris. Chic. The Very Best of Nile Rogers and Chic. The Studio Album Collection 1977-1992.
Скачай альбом бесплатно или слушай онлайн в формате mp3 на сайте Myzcloud. But before that, the immediate success of their debut album Chic and the hits "Dance Dance Dance (Yowsah, Yowsah, Yowsah)" and "Everybody Dance" sent Chic out on the road. They performed as a quartet until February 1978, but Rodgers and Edwards thought that their live performances would improve both in sound and visuals if they added another girl to front the band.
Risqué is the third studio album by American disco band Chic, released on Atlantic Records on July 30, 1979 Risqué. Studio album by.
Chic's third album came out in 1979, the same year as Michael Jackson's Off the Wall and Earth Wind & Fire's I Am, those other symphonic disco classics. I always thought it had as much in common with Talking Heads' Fear of Music and PiL's Metal Box, also from 1979 and featuring a darker kind of dance music. But the stabbing, staccato violins (Rodgers was a Bernard Herrmann fan) perfectly suited Risqué, a virtual concept album about the agony that people inflict on each other. Opener Good Times seemed positive enough but dropped lyrical barbs every few bars ("You silly fool, you can't change your fate") to signal the irony of the title.
|A2||A Warm Summer Night||6:08|
|A3||My Feet Keep Dancing||6:46|
|B1||My Forbidden Lover||4:42|
|B2||Can't Stand To Love You||2:55|
|B3||Will You Cry (When You Hear This Song)||4:05|
|B4||What About Me||4:10|
- Record Company – WEA Discos Ltda.
- Produced For – Chic Organization Ltd.
- Recorded At – Power Station
- Mixed At – Power Station
- Recorded At – Kendun Recorders
- Recorded At – Electric Lady Studios
- Mastered At – Atlantic Studios
- Art Direction – Carin Goldberg
- Bass – Bernard Edwards
- Concertmaster – Gene Orloff
- Drums – Tony Thompson
- Engineer – Bob Clearmountain
- Engineer [Assistant] – Jackson Schwartz, Jeff Hendrickson, Jim Galante, Peter Robbins, Ray Willard*
- Guitar – Nile Rodgers
- Keyboards – Andy Schwartz, Raymond Jones, Robert Sabino*
- Mastered By – Dennis King
- Other [Hair] – Ricardo Marin
- Other [Make-up] – Paul Bricker
- Percussion – Sammy Figueroa
- Photography By – Ken Ambrose
- Producer, Written-By, Arranged By, Conductor – Bernard Edwards & Nile Rodgers
- Strings [Chic Strings, The] – Cheryl Hong, Karen Karlsrud, Karen Milne, Valerie Haywood
- Tap Dance – Eugene Jackson, Fayard Nicholas, Sammy Warren
- Vocals – Alfa Anderson, Bernard Edwards, Fonzi Thornton, Luci Martin, Michele Cobbs*, Ullanda McCullough
NotesAll songs Produced for the CHIC Organization, Ltd.
All songs Recorded and Mixed at Power Station in New York.
Additional Recording at Kendun Studios, Calif. and Electric Lady Studios, N.Y.
Mastered at Atlantic Studios in N.Y.
|SD 16003||Chic||Risqué (LP, Album, PR)||Atlantic||SD 16003||US||1979|
|COE342||Chic||Risqué (CD, Album, Unofficial)||COE Records||COE342||Russia||2004|
|LP-S-39-63||Chic||Risqué (LP, Album)||Atlantic||LP-S-39-63||Portugal||1979|
|SD 16003||Chic||Risqué (LP, Album, Club, RM)||Atlantic, Columbia House||SD 16003||US||1979|
|WPCR-75611||Chic||Risqué (CD, Album, RE, RM)||Atlantic, Warner Music||WPCR-75611||Japan||2011|