BPM Profile Chasin' the Bird. Album starts at 156BPM, ends at 65BPM (-91), with tempos within the -BPM range. Try refreshing the page if dots are missing). Recent albums by Supersax.
Deutsch English Español Français Italiano 日本語. More Images.
Chasin' The Bird (LP, Album). Chasin' The Bird (LP, Album).
The result is that the ensembles sound fresher (since Bird's live improvisations are generally not that well-known) and longer. Trumpeters Blue Mitchell and Conte Candoli, trombonist Frank Rosolino and pianist Lou Levy get solo space, and highlights include "Shaw Nuff," "Drifting on a Reed," "Dizzy Atmosphere" and a six-minute rendition of "Night In Tunisia.
Chasin' The Bird is a bop music album recording by SUPERSAX released in 1977 on CD, LP/Vinyl and/or cassette. Bass – Fred Atwood Drums – Jake Hanna (tracks: A1, A4 to B5), John Dentz (tracks: A2, A3) Piano – Lou Levy Saxophone – Joe Lopes, Med Flory Saxophone – Jack Nimitz Saxophone – Jay Migliori, Warne Marsh Trombone – Frank Rosolino (tracks: A3, A4, B1, B3) Trumpet – Blue Mitchell (tracks: A2, B5), Conte Candoli (tracks
Request an album send to friend. Chasin' The Bird (1977). Supersax - Chasin' The Bird.
Tracks: 01. Shaw Nuff (4:27) 02. A Night In Tunisia (6:09) 03. Difting On A Reed (5:08) 04. The Song Is You (3:57) 05. Oop Bop Sh'bam (4:16) 06. 'Round Midnight (3:35) 07. Now's The Time (3:39) 08. Dizzy Atmosphere (5:24) 09. Chasin' The Bird (3:43) 10. The Fruit (7:20) 11. Bambu (4:50) 12. Blues For Alice (3:52) 13.
|2||A Night In Tunisia||6:07|
|3||Difting On A Reed||5:08|
|4||The Song Is You||3:54|
|5||Oop Bop Sh'bam||4:15|
|7||Now's The Time||3:36|
|9||Chasin' The Bird||3:41|
- Alto Saxophone – Joe Lopes (tracks: 1 to 9), Lanny Morgan (tracks: 10), Med Flory
- Arranged By – Buddy Clark (tracks: 8), Med Flory (tracks: 1 to 3, 5, 6, 9, 10), Warne Marsh (tracks: 4, 7)
- Baritone Saxophone – Jack Nimitz
- Bass – Fred Atwood
- Drums – Jake Hanna (tracks: 1, 4 to 9), John Dentz (tracks: 2, 3, 10)
- Piano – Lou Levy
- Producer – Hanns Georg Brunner-Schwer* (tracks: 10), Maurice Lathouwers (tracks: 1 to 9), Med Flory (tracks: 1 to 9)
- Tenor Saxophone – Don Menza (tracks: 10), Jay Migliori, Warne Marsh (tracks: 1 to 9)
- Trombone – Frank Rosolino (tracks: 3, 4, 5, 7, 10)
- Trumpet – Blue Mitchell (tracks: 2, 9), Conte Candoli (tracks: 1, 5, 6, 8, 10)
NotesMade in W.-Germany by PolyGram
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Other (Rights society): GEMA
- Other (Label code): LC 6444
- Barcode: 042282186720
|68.160, 0068.160||Supersax||Chasin' The Bird (LP, Album)||MPS Records, MPS Records||68.160, 0068.160||Germany||1977|
|821 867-2||Supersax||Chasin' The Bird (CD, Album)||MPS Records||821 867-2||US||Unknown|
|5D 064D-99430||Supersax||Chasin' The Bird (LP, Album)||MPS Records, Delta||5D 064D-99430||Netherlands||1977|
|PR 7038||Supersax||Chasin' The Bird (LP, Album)||Pausa Records||PR 7038||US||1977|
|JS-006 H||Supersax||Chasin' The Bird (LP, Album)||CFE||JS-006 H||Spain||1980|