Performance and Cocktails is the second studio album by Welsh rock band Stereophonics. It was released by V2 on 8 March 1999. The name 'Performance and Cocktails' comes from lyrics in the album's first song, "Roll Up and Shine". The songs were variously recorded at Real World Studios in Bath, Parkgate in Sussex and Rockfield in Monmouth.
Performance And Cocktails (CD, Album). V2, V2. VVR1004492, 70. 449. Stereophonics follow their excellent debut with an album that pushes their sound further, although not always for the better. There's a run in the middle of Performance & Cocktails - tracks 3 through 8 - that is as strong as their debut, Word Gets Around. This is the sound of a bunch of guys from a small Welsh town making music that comes from the heart.
More By Stereophonics. See All. Keep Calm and Carry On (International Deluxe Version).
Performance and Cocktails. Released March 8, 1999. Performance and Cocktails Tracklist. 1. Roll Up & Shine Lyrics. 2. The Bartender And The Thief Lyrics. Performance and Cocktails Q&A.
Listen to Performance And Cocktails by Stereophonics on Deezer. Writer: Kelly Jones - Richard Jones - Stuart Cable, Composers: Kelly Jones - Richard Jones - Stuart Cable. 02. The Bartender And The Thief (Album Version). Performance And Cocktails. 03. Hurry Up And Wait. 04. Pick A Part That's New. Stereophonics.
The Stereophonics first album, ‘Word Gets Around’ in 1996, was somewhat of a let down in terms of sales, but critically the Stereophonics had gotten off to a good start. By the time this album had been out for a month, they had outsold Blur and had massive UK singles including ‘Pick A Part That’s New’ and ‘Just Looking’. Despite the argument that this album lacks the urgency of it’s older brother, the songs have a certain quality about them that makes them more instantly appealing than the previous tunes. The album gets off to a fine and energetic start after fifteen seconds or so of feedback.
Tracklist Hide Credits
|1||Roll Up And Shine||3:58|
|2||The Bartender And The Thief||2:54|
|3||Hurry Up And Wait||4:40|
|4||Pick A Part That's New||3:33|
|6||Half The Lies You Tell Ain't True||2:55|
|7||I Wouldn't Believe Your Radio||3:50|
|8||T-Shirt Sun Tan||4:04|
|9||Is Yesterday, Tomorrow, Today?||4:02|
|10||A Minute Longer||3:46|
|11||She Takes Her Clothes Off
Mixed By – Bird&Bush*
|13||I Stopped To Fill My Car Up
Backing Vocals – Astrid*
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – V2 Music Ltd.
- Copyright (c) – V2 Music Ltd.
- Distributed By – 3MV
- Distributed By – Pinnacle
- Distributed By – Pias
- Distributed By – Sony Music France
- Distributed By – Rough Trade Distribution GmbH
- Distributed By – MNW Distribution
- Distributed By – Record Services
- Distributed By – Universal Music Italia s.r.l.
- Distributed By – Musikvertrieb AG
- Distributed By – Polstar Records
- Distributed By – CDN
- Recorded At – Courtyard Studio
- Recorded At – Real World Studios
- Recorded At – Parkgate Studios
- Recorded At – Rockfield Studios
- Mastered At – Metropolis Mastering
- Glass Mastered At – DOCdata
- Pressed By – DOCdata
- Published By – Polygram Island Music
- Bass – Richard Jones
- Cover [Cover Concept] – Kelly Jones
- Design – Lee Dunn
- Drums – Stuart Cable
- Guitar, Vocals – Kelly Jones
- Mastered By – Ian Cooper
- Mixed By – Al Clay* (tracks: 1 to 10, 12, 13)
- Organ [Hammond], Electric Piano [Rhodes], Piano, Mellotron – Marshall Bird
- Photography By [Band] – Julian Castaldi
- Photography By [Cover] – Scarlet Page
- Photography By [Inside] – Julian Castaldi, Kelly Jones
- Producer, Engineer – Bird&Bush*
- Words By – Kelly Jones
- Written-By – Jones*, Jones*, Cable*
Notesrecorded @ courtyard oxford & real world bath & parkgate sussex & rockfield monmouth & realworld bath
mastered at metropolis
V2 distribution_uk-3mv/pinnacle benelux-p.i.a.s
france-sony music germany/austria-rough trade
scandinavia-m.n.w eire-record services italy-universal music
p. 1999 V2 music limited.
c. 1999 V2 music limited.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode (Scanned): 5033197044927
- Barcode (Text): 5 033197 044927
- Matrix / Runout (Mirrored): MASTERED BY DOCDATA VVR1004492 ·
- Mould SID Code (Variant 1): IFPI 4B02
- Mould SID Code (Variant 2): IFPI 4B07
- Mastering SID Code (Variant 2): IFPI LR31
- Rights Society: mcps
- Label Code (Sleeve): lc1801
- Label Code (Disc): LC1801
- Distribution Code: cb801
|VVR1004492, 707.0449.2||Stereophonics||Performance And Cocktails (CD, Album)||V2, V2||VVR1004492, 707.0449.2||UK & Europe||1999|
|V2CI 33||Stereophonics||Performance And Cocktails (CD, Album, Enh, Promo)||V2||V2CI 33||Japan||1999|
|5330153||Stereophonics||Performance And Cocktails (2xCD, Album, Dlx, RE, RM)||V2||5330153||UK & Europe||2010|
|VVR1004498||Stereophonics||Performance And Cocktails (CD, Album)||V2||VVR1004498||Europe||1999|
|VVR1004492, 707.0449.2||Stereophonics||Performance And Cocktails (CD, Album)||V2, V2||VVR1004492, 707.0449.2||UK||Unknown|