Calling Pieces of Peace a footnote to history is both technically true and somewhat unfair. They had more than just obscurity going for them: As one of Chicago's premier soul and funk bands of the late 1960s and early 70s, they scored the enviable gig of backing up Syl Johnson during a number of his shows and, later, on his incendiary 1970 LP Is It Because I'm Black. While most people who compulsively snap up obscure funk reissues won't find much of anything revolutionary, they'll probably realize what a shame it was that it went missing, and be glad it finally saw daylight.
It wasn't until 35 years later that a trio of cratediggers (DJ Shadow among them) brought the band from obscurity into, while not exactly the mainstream, at least into better availability, with the release of the album on San Francisco's Quannum Records. And it's a good thing they did, because Pieces of Peace, though not groundbreaking in scope, is a nice addition to the contemporary music coming out of places like Detroit, Chicago, Columbus, and Buffalo, mixing funk, soul, and jazz cleanly and warmly.
referencing Pieces Of Peace, LP, RM, CT-104-1. somewhere between bill withers, whitefield brothers, sir joe quarterman, meters (trick bag), watts 103rd street thythm band, the eliminators and syl johnson. funky, soulfull and a touch of afro? Reply Notify me 1 Helpful. Marketplace 26 For Sale from €. 8.
Peacees (ピースアピーシーズ Pīsu a Pīshīzu) is a Japanese adult visual novel developed by Unisonshift and was released on December 23, 2004 for Windows. The game was described by the development team as a "sweet school romance comedy with lewd moe situation adventure" (学園恋愛甘甘コメディ萌シチュエーションえっちあどべんちゃー Gakuen ren'ai ama ama komedi moe shichuēshon ecchi adobenchā)
Слушайте Pieces Of Peace и скачивайте бесплатно в формате mp3 прямо сейчас, без кодов, смс и регистрации. Peace Piece (For Violin, Viola & Piano) - Karen Bentley Pollick. Vamp (Peace Piece) And Spoken Introduction - Bill Evans. Peace Piece - Gordon Beck. The Peace Piece - Claus-Robert Kruse. Piece for Peace - Ville Juvonen. Peace Piece - Jean-Yves Thibaudet. A Piece for Peace, No. 4 (Remix 2) - Dan Mervis. Peace Piece - Positive Attitude Music Collection. Peace Piece - Niño Josele. Peace Piece - Bjarne E. Nielsen.
Pieces Of Peace has been played on NTS shows including The Numero Group, with Wayward Dream first played on 13 July 2015. Pieces of Piece is just 2funky4u. Original source Last.
Includes unlimited streaming via the free Bandcamp app, plus high-quality downloads of Paco, French Mashup, SAZZTASTIC, Pastures of Plenty, Ch000Ns, waiting for surya, Talking Trees, Paradox of Peace, and 14 more. and,. Purchasable with gift card. 2. 3 GBP or more (25% OFF).
Overview (current section). Three Fantasy Pieces for Clarinet and Piano, Op. 73 - Aldo Tober & Edgar Walch.
Tracklist Hide Credits
|A3||Flunky For Your Love||3:05|
|A4||I Still Care
Lead Vocals – Ben Wright*
|B1||Peace & Blessings||7:13|
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Willie Woods
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – W.Woods Productions.
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Cali-Tex Records
- Copyright (c) – Cali-Tex Records
- Licensed To – Cali-Tex Records
- Recorded At – United Technique
- Pressed By – United Record Pressing
- Manufactured By – TVT Records
- Distributed By – TVT Records
- Published By – W.Woods Productions
- A&R [A&R Technical Asst.] – Willie Woods
- Alto Saxophone, Tenor Saxophone, Cowbell – Jerry Wilson
- Artwork [Art Restoration], Layout – David Castillo
- Congas [Conga Drum], Whistle, Siren – Derf Reklaw Raheem*
- Coordinator [Project] – Dante Carfagna
- Cover [True Artist Creator Of The Album Cover] – Berry Horton
- Drums – Fred Crutchfield
- Electric Bass, Vocals – Bernard Reed
- Engineer [Music Restoration] – Count, Jack Dangers, Josh Davis
- Engineer [Recording Engineer] – Ed Cody, Stu Walder* (tracks: A3, A4)
- Flute – Joel Brandon
- Gong – Willie Woods
- Guitar, Vocals – John Bishop
- Lead Vocals – King Johnson
- Liner Notes – Rob Sevier
- Mastered By – Count
- Organ, Piano, Vibraphone [Vibes], Vocals – Ben Wright*
- Producer – Benjamin Wright, Willie Woods
- Reissue Producer [Reissue Curated] – Dante Carfagna, Josh Davis, Rob Sevier
- Trumpet, Flugelhorn, Horns [Baritone Horn], Timbales – Michael Davis*
- Tuba – Aaron Dodd
NotesOriginally recorded in Chicago in 1972, this LP was due to be released on the Scarab Records imprint. However, due to the band's breakup during a stint in the Far East it was shelved indefinitely and has now been released for the first time.
All tunes published by W.Woods Prod. (ASCAP)
©1972 Willie Woods/W.Woods Productions. Licensed exclusively to Cali-Tex Records.
This compilation & packaging ℗&© 2007 Cali-Tex.
Manufactured & distributed by TVT Records.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Matrix / Runout (Matrix A, on label): CT 104-1A
- Matrix / Runout (Matrix B, on label): CT 104-1B
- Matrix / Runout (Runout A etched): Ⓤ CT 1104-1A
- Matrix / Runout (Ruinout B etched): Ⓤ CT 1104-1B
- Rights Society: ASCAP
- Barcode (Text): 6 81940 11041 9
- Barcode (String): 681940110419
|CT-104, QP 075||Pieces Of Peace||Pieces Of Peace (CDr, Promo)||Cali-Tex Records, Quannum Projects||CT-104, QP 075||US||2007|
|CT 104-2, CT 104-2/1||Pieces Of Peace||Pieces Of Peace (CD, Ltd, RM)||Cali-Tex Records, Cali-Tex Records||CT 104-2, CT 104-2/1||US||2007|