There is crackly surface noise over much of the LP, though thankfully no scratches. The CD is my go-to option for this album. Reply Notify me Helpful. Mine is a 45 RPM version, absolutely terrible.
White chalk south against time White chalk cutting down the sea at Lyme I walk the valleys by the Cerne On a path cut fifteen hundred years ago. And I know these chalk hills will rot my bones. Dorset’s cliffs meet at the sea Where I walked, our unborn child in me White chalk, gorse-scattered land Scratch my palms – there’s blood on my hands. PJ Harvey was born and raised in Dorset, a county in South West England. The area is known for its chalk hills, referenced throughout this song. White Chalk" Track Info.
4] In 2007, her seventh album, White Chalk, was released and in 2009, Parish and Harvey released their second collaborative album, A Woman a Man Walked By. In 2011, her eighth studio album, Let England Shake, was released and received the Mercury Music Prize, making Harvey the only artist in history to have won the award twice and increasing record sales by over 1,100% overnight. In the United Kingdom, five of Harvey's albums have been certified Silver, one certified Gold and one certified Platinum, amounting to total sales of over 800,000 copies. Top 100 peaks: "Official Charts P J Harvey". Official Charts Company. Retrieved 24 June 2019.
PJ Harvey . Album: White Chalk. Altri album di PJ Harvey. All About Eve (Original Music).
Lyrics to "White Chalk" song by PJ Harvey: White chalk hills are all I've known White chalk hills will rot my bones White chalk sticking to . .White chalk sat against time White chalk cutting down the sea line I know Mary's by the surf On a path cut 1500 years ago. Dorset's cliffs meet at the sea Where I walked (Our unborn child in me) White chalk (Poor scattered land). Scratch my palms There's blood on my hands. Writer(s): POLLY JEAN HARVEY. album: "White Chalk" (2007).
Harvey - White Chalk. 2007 Island CD album in card picture sleeve with inner card sleeve. Condition CD is Mint and card sleeves is Excellent. Hier folgende CD, Here following CD The Mountain 3:11. Before Departure 3:43.
PJ Harvey : White Chalk,álbum, crítica, lista de pistas, mp3, letras. 8. To Talk to You. 9. The Piano. 10. Before Departure.
The mood of the album is mournful and more than a little spooky. The opening track, built on a piano-and-shakers girl-group riff that’s not a million miles from Amy Winehouse’s Back to Black, is a winsome ditty entitled The Devil. The landscape is the chalk hills of Harvey’s native Dorset, a setting for her Kate-Bush-esque themes of loss, death, family, memory. Singing in an eerily girlish soprano register, Polly longs for her late grandmother; asks Mummy to teach me to grow ; grieves an unborn child who disappears in the ether/One world to the next. lonely beauty and piercing sorrow, ‘White Chalk’ is . Harvey back at the peak of her considerable powers.
Tracklist Hide Credits
|3||Grow Grow Grow||3:23|
|4||When Under Ether||2:25|
|8||To Talk To You||4:00|
Concertina – Nico BrownVocals [Additional] – Andrew Dickson, Briget Pearse*, Martin Brunsden, Nick Bicât*, Nico Brown
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Universal Island Records Ltd.
- Copyright (c) – Universal Island Records Ltd.
- Record Company – Universal Music
- Published By – Hot Head Music Ltd.
- Published By – Universal Music Publishing Ltd.
- Pressed By – EDC, Germany – 52014224
- Artwork – Maria Mochnacz, Rob Crane
- Artwork [Dress Designed By] – Mochnacz*, Mochnacz*, Harvey*
- Artwork [Dress Made By] – Annie Mochnacz
- Drums, Percussion – Jim White
- Drums, Vocals, Bass, Banjo, Acoustic Guitar, Percussion, Noises [Wine Glass] – John Parish
- Engineer – Flood
- Engineer [Additional] – Ali Chant, PJ Harvey
- Engineer [Assisted] – Andrew Savours*, Catherine Marks
- Management – Paul McGuinness
- Management [At] – Principle Management
- Management [With] – Sally-Anne McKeown
- Photography By – Maria Mochnacz
- Piano, Organ [Optigan], Vocals, Mellotron, Keyboards, Synthesizer [Mini-Moog] – Eric Drew Feldman
- Producer, Mixed By – Flood, John Parish, PJ Harvey
- Vocals, Piano, Acoustic Guitar, Zither, Bass, Keyboards, Harmonica, Harp [Broken Harp], Fiddle [Cig Fiddle] – PJ Harvey
- Written-By – Polly Jean Harvey*
NotesBack cover: ℗2007 Universal Island Records Ltd. ℗2007 Universal Island Records Ltd.
A Universal Music Company.
Made in the EU.
CD: ℗2007 Universal Island Records Ltd. ©2007 Universal Island Records Ltd.
Standard Jewel Case with clear tray and 2 cards.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 6 02517 48217 3
- Barcode (String): 602517482173
- Matrix / Runout: [4x Universal Logo] 06025 174 821-7 03 # 52014224
- Matrix / Runout: MADE IN GERMANY BY EDC A
- Mastering SID Code: IFPI L787
- Mould SID Code: IFPI 0157
- Label Code: LC 00407
|1747946||P J Harvey*||White Chalk (CD, Album, Enh, S/Edition, Car)||Island Records||1747946||UK||2007|
|B0009972-02||PJ Harvey||White Chalk (CD, Album)||Island Records||B0009972-02||US||2007|
|1748217||P J Harvey*||White Chalk (CD, Album, Sup)||Island Records, Island Records Group||1748217||Europe||2007|
|1740326||PJ Harvey||White Chalk (CD, Album, Car)||Island Records||1740326||Europe||2007|
|1740326||P J Harvey*||White Chalk (CD, Album, Car)||Universal, Island Records, Island Records Group||1740326||Argentina||2007|