Flex Your Head is a sampler album featuring early hardcore punk bands from the Washington, . It was originally released in January 1982 on Dischord Records, with a pressing of 4,000 copies on vinyl record that sold out within one week; an additional 3,000 copies were released shortly after. In 1982, a third pressing of 2,000 copies was released under license in the United Kingdom by Alternative Tentacles. Each of the first three pressings featured a different front cover.
Various – Flex Your Head. Flex Your Head" was released with four different front covers in the 1980s (the CD version has all four covers); this is the 'violin cover' version, first 1982 release, 4000 copies pressed. Código de Barras y Otros Identificadores. Matrix, Runout (Side A, hand-etched): NR 13542-I FROM NOTHING TO NOWHERE JE NRP. Matrix, Runout (Side B, hand-etched): NR 13542-II DONT LET IT GO TO YOUR HeAD JE NRP. Condiciones del vendedor. Política de cancelación automática: Los pedidos serán cancelados, si no se recibe el pago en el plazo de 6 días. Label: Dischord Records – № 7. Format: Vinyl, LP, Album, Compilation, Test Pressing. Other Versions (5 of 18) View All. Cat. Flex Your Head (LP, Album, Comp, Vio).
Flex Your Head was first released in January 1982 and was the first full-length album released by Dischord Records. The compilation features thirty-two songs by 11 DC area bands and went a long way towards "putting DC on the map" as one of the era's great punk scenes.
Your browser does not support the audio element. Your browser does not support the audio element. Terms and Conditions.
1981's Flex Your Head compilation LP may be the greatest historical document of any punk scene. Now, I'm a huuuuuge fan of Dischord, but mostly the late-& to mid-& post-hardcore. Minor Threat is probably the best band on the album, and one of the few to actually stand the test of time. Government Issue: "Hey Ronnie" and "Lie, Cheat, & Steal" aren't as bad as the songs on Legless Bull. That would be impossible.
Various - Flex Your Head zip, rar music archives Download Free. The Faith, Void - The Faith, Void. Performer: The Faith Genre: Rock Album: The Faith, Void Style: Hardcore, Punk. Fugazi - Repeater + 3 Songs. Performer: Fugazi Genre: Rock Album: Repeater + 3 Songs Style: Hardcore, Punk. Minor Threat - Minor Threat.
Tracklist Hide Credits
|1||–The Teen Idles||I Drink Milk||1:08|
|2||–The Teen Idles||Commie Song
Written-By – MacKaye*
|3||–The Teen Idles||No Fun||2:24|
|6||–Untouchables||I Hate You||1:18|
|7||–State Of Alert||I Hate The Kids
Written-By – Preslar*
|8||–State Of Alert||Disease
Written-By – Harrper*, Garratt*
|9||–State Of Alert||Stepping Stone Party
Written-By – Boyce, Hart*
|10||–Minor Threat||Stand Up
Written-By – MacKaye*
Written-By – Wire
|12||–Government Issue||Hey Ronnie||1:09|
|13||–Government Issue||Lie, Cheat & Steal||0:45|
|14||–Youth Brigade||Moral Majority||1:06|
|15||–Youth Brigade||Waste Of Time||0:52|
|16||–Youth Brigade||Last Word||1:17|
|17||–Red C||Jimi 45||1:20|
|18||–Red C||Pressure's On||1:40|
|19||–Red C||Six O'Clock News||2:04|
|25||–Iron Cross||New Breed||1:22|
|26||–Iron Cross||Live For Now||2:05|
|27||–Artificial Peace||Artificial Peace||1:39|
|28||–Artificial Peace||Outside Looking In||0:59|
|29||–Artificial Peace||Suburban Wasteland||1:55|
|31||–Deadline||Hear The Cry||1:02|
- Recorded At – Inner Ear Studios
- Mastered At – Silver Sonya
- Distributed By – Disk Union
- Bass – Bert Quiroz* (tracks: 4 to 6, 14 to 16), Brian Gay (tracks: 12, 13), Chris Stover (tracks: 21 to 23), Ian MacKaye (tracks: 1 to 3), Rob Moss (tracks: 27 to 29), Terry S.* (tracks: 30 to 32), Toni Young (tracks: 17 to 20), Wendel Blow (tracks: 7 to 9, 24 to 26)
- Drums – Brendan C.* (tracks: 30 to 32), Danny Ingram (tracks: 14 to 16), Dante Ferrando (tracks: 24 to 26), Jeff Nelson (tracks: 1 to 3, 10, 11), Marc Alberstadt (tracks: 12, 13), Mike Manos (tracks: 27 to 29), Rich Moore (tracks: 4 to 6), Sean Finnegan (tracks: 21 to 23), Simon Jacobsen (tracks: 7 to 9)
- Drums, Noises [Farm Sounds] – Tomas Squip Ravioli* (tracks: 17 to 20)
- Engineer – Don Zientara (tracks: 7 to 16, 21 to 23, 27 to 32), Steve Carr (tracks: 1 to 6, 17 to 20), Tom Scott (tracks: 24 to 26)
- Guitar – Bubba Dupree (tracks: 21 to 23), Chris C.* (tracks: 30 to 32), Eddie Janney (tracks: 4 to 6), Geordie Grindle (tracks: 1 to 3), John Barry (tracks: 12, 13), Lyle Preslar (tracks: 10, 11), Mark Haggerty (tracks: 24 to 26), Michael Hampton (tracks: 7 to 9), Peter Murray (tracks: 17 to 20, 27 to 29), Tom Clinton (tracks: 14 to 16)
- Producer [S.o.a. And Minor Threat Songs] – Skip Groff (tracks: 7 to 11)
- Vocals – Alec MacKaye (tracks: 4 to 6), Eric L.* (tracks: 17 to 20), Henry Garfield (tracks: 7 to 9), Ian MacKaye (tracks: 10, 11), John Stabb Schroeder (tracks: 12, 13), John Weiffenbach (tracks: 21 to 23), Nathan Strejcek (tracks: 1 to 3, 14 to 16), Ray H.* (tracks: 30 to 32), Sab Grey (tracks: 24 to 26), Steve Polcari (tracks: 27 to 29)
NotesJapanese Release with OBI. Release date not given.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 4 988044 989726
|№ 7||Various||Flex Your Head (LP, Album, Comp, Vio)||Dischord Records||№ 7||US||1982|
|Dischord 7||Various||Flex Your Head (LP, Comp, RE, Blu)||Dischord Records||Dischord 7||US||Unknown|
|VIRUS 22||Various||Flex Your Head (LP, Comp, XXX)||Alternative Tentacles||VIRUS 22||UK||1983|
|DISCHORD 7||Various||Flex Your Head (LP, Comp, RE, RM, Red)||Dischord Records||DISCHORD 7||US||2010|
|Dischord 7, № 7||Various||Flex Your Head (LP, Comp, RE, Blu)||Dischord Records, Dischord Records||Dischord 7, № 7||US||1985|