The Incredible Shrinking Dickies was the 1978 first album by the California punk band The Dickies. The album included the group's notable cover of Black Sabbath's "Paranoid", which reached No. 45 in the UK charts in July 1979. It was pressed on four different colors of vinyl (blue, yellow, orange, black) and was produced by John Hewlett, who in the late 1960s was a member of the UK garagepunk quartet John's Children. Give It Back" – 1:41 (Lee, Phillips, Huffsteter). Poodle Party" – 1:09 (Kaballero).
UMG (от лица компании "A&M"); BMG Rights Management, ASCAP, BMI - Broadcast Music In. CMRRA, ARESA" и другие авторские общества (1). Композиция. UMG (от лица компании "A&M")" и другие авторские общества (1).
Songs in album The Dickies - The Incredible Shrinking Dickies (1979).
Listen online and stay in a good mood. Org Album: The Incredible Shrinking Dickies (1979).
This first release by the California-based Dickies contains songs best described as percolating, hyperactive cartoon hardcore, colored with a noticeable bit of Ramones influence. All the songs on this album are frantically fast and very short; over half the selections here have durations under two minutes, and only the instrumental number "Rondo" is longer than three minutes. Most of the tunes here have agreeably goofball lyrics that are often only semi-intelligible.
A large yellow sticker (black lettered) is affixed to the front cover stating that "This Record's Yellow".
The Incredible Shrinking Dickies (Expanded Version). Your browser does not support the audio element. She. Shadow Man.
Album · 1978 · 19 Songs.
Tracklist Hide Credits
|A1||Give It Back||1:41|
Written-By – W. Ward*, T. Butler*, J. Osborne*, A. Iommi*
Written-By – T.Boyce-B. Hart*
Backing Vocals – Bonita Butter
|A7||Eve Of Destruction
Written-By – P.F. Sloan
|B1||You Drive Me Ape (You Big Gorilla)||1:50|
|B3||Walk Like An Egg||2:21|
|B5||Shake & Bake||1:56|
|B6||Rondo (The Midget's Revenge)||3:12|
- Bass, Vocals – Billy Club
- Cover [Album] – Artrouble
- Drums – Karlos Kaballero
- Engineer – Cisco De Luna, Earle Mankey, Gerry Kitchenham*
- Guitar – Chuck Wagon (tracks: B1, B3, B5)
- Guitar, Vocals – Stan Lee
- Keyboards, Saxophone, Vocals – Chuck Wagon
- Lead Vocals, Piano, Synthesizer, Organ – Leonard Graves Phillips
- Mastered By – Frank De Luna*
- Producer – John Hewlett
- Written-By – B. Club* (tracks: A6), C. Wagon* (tracks: B1), D. Wilde* (tracks: B3, B4), Glib (tracks: A6), I. Ainsworth* (tracks: A5), K. Kaballero* (tracks: A2), L. Phillips* (tracks: A1, B2, B6), S. Lee* (tracks: A1, A5, A6, B1 to B5), S. Huffsteter* (tracks: A1, B5)
Notes℗© 1979 A&M Records, Inc. Printed In U.S.A.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Matrix / Runout (A): (side A etched, Variant 1): AM SP 5221 K4
- Matrix / Runout (B): (Side B, etched, Variant 1): AM SP 5222 K4
- Matrix / Runout: (Side A, etched, Variant 2): AM SP 5221 K2
- Matrix / Runout: (Side B, etched, Variant 2): AM SP 5222 K1
|AMLE 64742||Dickies*||The Incredible Shrinking Dickies (LP, Album, Yel)||A&M Records||AMLE 64742||UK||1979|
|AMLE 64742||Dickies*||The Incredible Shrinking Dickies (LP, Album)||A&M Records||AMLE 64742||UK||1979|
|VSCD3401||The Dickies||The Incredible Shrinking Dickies (CD, Album, RM)||Vivid Sound Corporation||VSCD3401||Japan||2003|
|SP-4742||Dickies*||The Incredible Shrinking Dickies (LP, Album, Yel)||A&M Records||SP-4742||US||1979|
|L 36903, SP-4742, AMLE 64742||Dickies*||The Incredible Shrinking Dickies (LP, Album)||A&M Records, A&M Records, A&M Records||L 36903, SP-4742, AMLE 64742||Australia||1979|