The Spell (Ivan Doroschuk album). The Spell is a 1997 solo album by singer and songwriter Ivan Doroschuk, the leader of Men Without Hats, recording as "Ivan. The Spell was the only solo album that Doroschuk released. He recorded demos for an intended solo followup, Mote in God's Eye, some of which were worked into the 2003 album No Hats Beyond This Point and released under the name of Men Without Hats.
The Spell is a 1997 solo album by singer and songwriter Ivan Doroschuk, the leader of Men Without Hats, recording as "Ivan. The two singles and music videos from the album were "Open Your Eyes" and "Superbadgirls"
Ivan Spell Top Russian house producer, remix artist and DJ. Resident DJ with the international Buddha Bar franchise. Russian Deep House Producer (PromoDJ. RU Portal) In 2014 became a nationwide sup. St. Petersburg. Stream Tracks and Playlists from Ivan Spell on your desktop or mobile device.
It is not even a very good dance album. Ivan is not in touch with 1990s dance sounds and the attempts to be contemporary sound forced and uninteresting. Ivan produced some incredible material with Men Without Hats but his brilliance does not show on this release. For collectors or completists only. As a point of interest, Ivan is wearing a hat on the front sleeve.
Label: Tox – TOXCD 3021. Vocals – Mark "Downlo Dragon" Simon, Sahara Sloan, Sara Johnston. In 1997, recording under the name Ivan, he released a solo album, a full reformation of the group Men Without Hats occurred in 2010, with Doroschuk leading three new members. In 2012, they released the album Love in the Age of War, Doroschuk married in the late 1990s, and later divorced. He has one son, age 13–14, and was a father prior to reforming Men Without Hats. He resides in Victoria, British Columbia. 5. Men Without Hats – Men Without Hats is a Canadian new wave/synthpop group, originally from Montreal, Quebec.
Is The Spell the best album by Ivan? BestEverAlbums. com brings together thousands of 'greatest ever album' charts and calculates an overall ranking. This album At A Glance. The Spell by Ivan (1997) Overall rank: 45,561st.
Tracklist Hide Credits
|4||Open Your Eyes||3:54|
|5||1972 (Slippin' Away)||4:40|
Written-By – C. Doroschuk*
- Mastered At – Disques SNB Ltée.
- Distributed By – Distribution Select
- Produced For – Uforia Records
- Mixed At – Metalworks
- Recorded At – The Fridge Multimedia Inc.
- Artwork By – Fly Graphique
- Backing Vocals – Linda Benoy
- Engineer [Pre-production] – James Malloch
- Executive-Producer – Colin Doroschuk, Pierre Gendron
- Mastered By – Bill Kipper
- Mixed By – Ed Krautner
- Photography – Delight Rogers
- Producer, Engineer – John Punter
- Programmed By – Hugo Bugg
- Programmed By [303 & Mini Moog] – Zahir "The Noisemaker" Manek*
- Vocals [Additional] – Mark "Downlo Dragon" Simon*, Sahara Sloan, Sara Johnston
- Written-By – Ivan* (tracks: 1 to 5, 7 to 11)
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 7 7455-43021-2 6