Life thru a Lens is the debut solo studio album by English singer-songwriter Robbie Williams. It was Williams' first solo album following his departure from Take That. Released on 29 September 1997 through Chrysalis Records, it is influenced by Britpop, a departure from the poppier tone of music Take That employed. The album's working name was The Show-Off Must Go On.
Life Thru a Lens - Студийный альбом от Robbie Williams. Вышел 10 сентября 1997г. В альбом вошло 23 треков. Продолжительность альбома: 01:57:10. Robbie Williams - Let Me Entertain You - Live in London 2016.
Robbie Williams had a 1995 to never forget, assuming he was ever in a state capable of recording the events that passed and, ultimately, defined the artist he soon became. After drifting away from the other four members of all-conquering boyband Take That – his ideas were apparently overlooked by creative spearhead Gary Barlow, and his drug consumption threatened to see him excluded from the group before a mutual decision was finally made and he left relatively amicably – Williams wound up at Glastonbury, and was pap-snapped partying with members of the equally. No single from Life Thru a Lens topped the singles chart in the UK, but the album certainly trumped all comers in its category, buoyed by both the celebrity status of its (co) maker and the catchy nature of whistle-along tunes like Lazy Days, Old Before I Die and the -me-if-you-can excessiveness of Let.
Band Name Robbie Williams. Album Name Life Thru a Lens. Data de lançamento 29 Setembro 1997. Labels Chrysalis Records EMI Records. Estilo de MúsicaPop Rock. Membros têm este álbum7.
Album · 1997 · 11 Songs. But Lens isn’t all fun nights at the pub: The sweeping Angels showcases Williams’ big-tent emoting, while Baby Girl Window is a tender piano ballad. Life Thru a Lens Robbie Williams.
Robbie Williams is to give live performances of songs including "Angels" and "Let Me Entertain You" for a special BBC programme in which he will talk of how he rescued his life and career with his first solo album Life Thru a Lens. Britain's most-successful solo artist of all time has agreed to go into the BBC's historic recording studios at Maida Vale in London to relive the making of his career-defining 1997 album and discuss his reasons for leaving the boy band Take That. The special programme, for Radio 4's Mastertapes series, will be recorded later this.
Watch the video for Life Thru A Lens from Robbie Williams's Life Thru a Lens for free, and see the artwork, lyrics and similar artists. A new version of Last. Robbie Williams - Ego a Go Go Ego a Go Go Robbie Williams.
|2||Life Thru A Lens||3:08|
|3||Ego A Go Go||3:35|
|5||South Of The Border||3:53|
|6||Old Before I Die||3:54|
|7||One Of God's Better People||3:33|
|8||Let Me Entertain You||4:22|
|11.1||Baby Girl Window||3:12|
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Chrysalis Records Ltd.
- Copyright (c) – Chrysalis Records Ltd.
- Made By – EMI Music Colombia
- Mixed At – Battery Studios, London
- Produced At – Battery Studios, London
- Recorded At – Matrix Maison Rouge Studios
- Art Direction – Mat Cook
- Backing Vocals – Andre Barreau* (tracks: 1 to 4, 9, 10), Andy Caine (tracks: 1), Beverly Skeete* (tracks: 8), Carroll Thompson (tracks: 8), Claudia Fontane* (tracks: 8), Dave Catlin-Birch (tracks: 3), Gary Nuttall (tracks: 2, 4, 5, 7, 9 to 11), Guy Chambers (tracks: 3), Nicole Patterson (tracks: 4), Robbie Williams (tracks: 1, 5, 6, 8), Smiley (tracks: 7), Steve McEwan (tracks: 1, 2, 6, 9, 10)
- Bass – Dave Catlin-Birch (tracks: 3, 8), Fil Eisler (tracks: 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 to 11)
- Bass, Programmed By – Mark Smith (tracks: 4, 5)
- Drums – Chris Sharrock (tracks: 2 to 5, 8 to 11), Geoff Dugmore (tracks: 1, 6)
- Engineer [Assistant] – Jim Brumby, Matt Hay
- Guitar – Andre Barreau* (tracks: 1, 4), Chester Kamen (tracks: 4, 8), Fil Eisler (tracks: 2, 3, 5 to 9), Gary Nuttall (tracks: 3 to 5,11), Guy Chambers (tracks: 1 to 3, 5 to 7, 9, 10), Oscar O'Loughlin (tracks: 9), Steve McEwan (tracks: 1, 6, 11)
- Harmonica – Mark Feltham (tracks: 5)
- Keyboards – Guy Chambers, Martin Slattery (tracks: 10), Steve Power (tracks: 1, 4 to 6)
- Leader [Brass Led By] – Steve Sidwell (tracks: 3, 8)
- Leader [Orchestra Led By] – Gavin Wright* (tracks: 2, 4, 9)
- Orchestra – London Session Orchestra* (tracks: 2, 4, 9)
- Percussion – Andy Duncan (tracks: 1, 3 to 5, 7 to 10), Geoff Dugmore (tracks: 6)
- Photography By – Andy Earl
- Producer, Arranged By – Guy Chambers
- Producer, Mixed By – Steve Power
- Programmed By – Kerry Hopwood (tracks: 8), Steve Bush (tracks: 3), Steve Power (tracks: 3 to 5, 8)
- Snare – Chris Sharrock (tracks: 7)
- Technician [Backward Cacophony] – Jim Brumby (tracks: 2)
- Tom Tom – Fil Eisler (tracks: 7)
- Trumpet [Solo] – Derek Watkins (tracks: 8), Derek Watkins (tracks: 8), Steve Sidwell (tracks: 8)
- Vocals – Robbie Williams
- Written-By – A. Glenn* (tracks: 10), D. Child* (tracks: 6), E. Bazilian* (tracks: 6), G. Chambers* (tracks: 1 to 5, 6 to 9, 11), M. Slattery* (tracks: 10), P. Cook* (tracks: 10), R. Hawley* (tracks: 10), R. Williams*
NotesTrack 11 contains a hidden track.
Track 11.1 lasts for 3:12 before a period of silence and in its conclusion track 11.2.
Produced, Arranged and Mixed at Battery Studios.
Recorded at Matrix Maison Rouge.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode (Text): 7 24382 13132 8
- Rights Society: Bel/Biem
- Label Code: LC 1626
- Matrix / Runout (Variant 1): EMI UDEN 8213132 @ 4
- Matrix / Runout (Variant 2 3-1-10-NL): EMI UDEN 8213132 @ 3
- Matrix / Runout (Variant 3): EMI UDEN 8213132 @ 2 3-1-28-NL
- Matrix / Runout (Variant 4): EMI UDEN 8213132 @ 4 4-1-23-NL
- Matrix / Runout (Variant 5): EMI UDEN 8213132 @ 3 3-1-10-NL
- Matrix / Runout (Variant 6): EMI UDEN 8213132 @ 4 4-1-22-NL
- Mastering SID Code (Variant 1, 3, 4, 6): IFPI L046
- Mastering SID Code (Variant 2, 5): IFPI L047
- Mould SID Code (Variant 1): IFPI 2509
- Mould SID Code (Variant 2): ifpi 159B
- Mould SID Code (Variant 3): ifpi 1596
- Mould SID Code (Variant 4): ifpi 155A
- Mould SID Code (Variant 5): ifpi 159C
- Mould SID Code (Variant 6): IFPI 2537
|7243 8 21313 2 8, CDCHR 6127||Robbie Williams||Life Thru A Lens (CD, Album)||Chrysalis, Chrysalis||7243 8 21313 2 8, CDCHR 6127||Europe||1997|
|TOCP-50094||Robbie Williams||Life Thru A Lens (CD, Album)||Chrysalis||TOCP-50094||Japan||1997|
|7243 8 21313 2 8, CDCHR 6127||Robbie Williams||Life Thru A Lens (CD, Album)||Chrysalis, Chrysalis||7243 8 21313 2 8, CDCHR 6127||Ukraine||2006|
|5099952058721||Robbie Williams||Life Thru A Lens (CD, Album)||Chrysalis, Gala Records||5099952058721||Russia||Unknown|
|7243 8 21313 2 8||Robbie Williams||Life Thru A Lens (CDr, Album, Unofficial)||Chrysalis||7243 8 21313 2 8||Spain||1997|