Isaac Hayes – Groove-A-Thon. Label: HBS – ABCD-925, ABC Records – ABCD-925. Some versions include a beige ABC/Dunhill paper inner sleeve. Label variants: Groove-A-Thon: ABC Records logo is printed on the bottom. Produced By Isaac Hayes" is printed below title and artist on upper half of labels. Groove-A-Thon: ABC Records logo is printed on the bottom. Produced By Isaac Hayes" is printed on the bottom half right under the tracklist.
Soloist, Guitar – Anthony Shinault. A2. Your Loving Is Much Too Strong. Groove-A-Thon (LP, Album, TP). ABC Records, ABC Records.
Shaft is a double album by Isaac Hayes, recorded for Stax Records' Enterprise label as the soundtrack LP for s 1971 blaxploitation film Shaft. The album mostly consists of instrumentals composed by Hayes as score for the film. Three vocal selections are included: "Soulsville", "Do Your Thing", and "Theme from Shaft". A commercial and critical success, Shaft is Hayes' best-known work and the best-selling LP ever released on a Stax label.
Album · 1976 · 6 Songs. Groove-A-Thon Isaac Hayes.
Groove-A-Thon, 09:49. Your Loving Is Much Too Strong, 05:41. Rock Me Easy Baby, 08:16. We've Got a Whole Lot of Love, 05:40. Wish You Were Here (You Ought to Be Here), 05:53. Now playing: Normani Dancing with a Stranger. Зайцев ФМ. Oasis Wonderwall.
After a weak opening, the album settles into a comfortable groove, ending splendidly with "Make a Little Love to M. ~ Andrew Hamilton. 1 Groove-A-Thon Isaac Hayes 9:47. 2 Your Loving Is Much Too Strong Isaac Hayes 5:39. 3 Rock Me Easy Baby Isaac Hayes 8:13. 4 We've Got a Whole Lot of Love Isaac Hayes 5:38. 5 Wish You Were Here (You Ought to Be Here) Isaac Hayes 5:52. 6 Make a Little Love to Me Isaac Hayes 6:20
But it's the LP's only sore point. Ike returns to his roots on "Your Loving Is Much Too Strong," a slow, romantic ballad.
2016 Original Motion Picture Soundtrack. Stax 50th Anniversary. 2008 E Album Set. Stax Sings Songs Of Motown Records.
Tracklist Hide Credits
Guitar, Soloist – Anthony Shinault
|A2||We've Got A Whole Lot Of Love (Cont.)|
|B1||We've Got A Whole Lot Of Love (Concl.)|
|B2||Your Loving Is Much Too Strong|
|C1||Wish You Were Here (You Ought To Be Here)
Guitar – Charles Pitts*
|C2||Rock Me Easy Baby (Cont.)|
|D1||Rock Me Easy Baby (Concl.)|
|D2||Make A Little Love To Me
Guitar, Soloist – Anthony Shinault
- Manufactured By – GRT Music Tapes
- Alto Saxophone – Bill Easley, Emerson Able
- Arranged By – Isaac Hayes, Lester Snell
- Art Direction – Tom Wilkes
- Backing Vocals – Hot Buttered Soul Unlimited*, Isaac Hayes
- Baritone Saxophone – Floyd Newman
- Bass – Erroll Thomas*
- Bass Trombone – Gary Russell
- Congas – Jimmy Thompson*
- Design [Album] – Martin Donald
- Drums, Tambourine – Willie Cole, Willie Hall
- Engineer – Henry Bush, Roosevelt Green
- Engineer [Re-mix] – Isaac Hayes, Roosevelt Green
- French Horn – Bryant Munch, Richard Dolph
- Guitar – Michael Toles, William Vaughn
- Keyboards – Isaac Hayes, Lester Snell, Sidney Kirk
- Mastered By – Lanky Linstrot
- Photography By – Jeff Dunas
- Producer – Isaac Hayes
- Tenor Saxophone – Darnell Smith, Lewis Collins , Tommy Williams
- Trombone – Jackie Thomas, Bill Flores*
- Trumpet, Flugelhorn – Ben Cauley, Edgar Matthews, Johnny Davis , William Taylor
- Typography [Lettering] – Joe Garnett, Ron Criss
- Written-By – Isaac Hayes
NotesAll selections recorded at
Hot Buttered Soul Recording Studios
247 Chelsea Avenue
Memphis, Tennessee 38107
Mastered at ABC Recording Studios, Inc.
|ABCD-925||Isaac Hayes||Groove-A-Thon (LP, Album, Gat)||HBS, ABC Records||ABCD-925||US||1976|
|LP-0014||Isaac Hayes||Groove-A-Thon (LP, Album, Gat)||HBS, ABC Records||LP-0014||Spain||1976|
|ABCD 925, ABCD-925||Isaac Hayes||Groove-A-Thon (LP, Album, TP)||ABC Records, ABC Records||ABCD 925, ABCD-925||US||1976|
|9022-925||Isaac Hayes||Groove-A-Thon (LP, Album)||ABC Records||9022-925||Canada||1976|
|89 678 XOT||Isaac Hayes||Groove-A-Thon (LP, Album)||ABC Records||89 678 XOT||Germany||1976|