Gillespie, the great virtuoso trumpeter, is joined on the front line by Stan Getz and Sonny Stitt for a blowing session of phenomenal proportions. Gillespie's demanding tune "Bebop," and Denzil Best's "Wee (Allen's Alley)" (based on "I Got Rhythm") are given brisk, wailing treatments. Both tunes highlight Stitt's scampering alto, Getz's dancing, mentholated tenor (very much in his Lester Young mode), and Gillespie's coiled, tempestuous trumpet. The tough, swinging rhythm section really distinguishes itself on the standards "Dark.
Stan Getz & Dizzie Gillespie & Sonny Stitt – Wee (Allen s Alley). Dizzy Gillespie, Stan Getz, Sonny Stitt – Lover Come Back To Me. 12:39. Stan Getz, Sonny Stitt, Dizzy Gillespie – Be-Bop. Dizzy Gillespie, Stan Getz, Sonny Stitt – Dark Eyes.
Gillespie, Sonny Stitt 1957 For Musicians Only - Full Album.
Stan Getz, Sonny Stitt, Dizzy Gillespie Wee (Allen's Alley).
Recorded in Los Angeles, California on October 16, 1956, it has been described as the "real thing, no pretense". Drummer Stan Levey's son, Bob, described the recording session as told by his father: The story behind this from my Dad's (Stan Levey) point of view is that everything was done in one take no 2nd takes no over dubbing.
View first unread post Stan Getz & Laurindo Almeida - Stan Getz with Guest Artist Laurindo Almeida (1963/1989) ; WavPack by Mike1985 08 Jul 2018, 14:09 in Mainstream Jazz, Cool (lossless - FLAC, APE, et. 0. 68. As old Latin proverb says: how many people, so many tastes.
Слушайте Stan Getz & Dizzy Gillespie и скачивайте бесплатно в формате mp3 прямо сейчас, без кодов, смс и регистрации. Exactly Like You (Diz & Getz, 1955) - Dizzy Gillespie & Stan Getz. It's the Talk of the Town - Dizzy Gillespie & Stan Getz. Dark Eyes - Stan Getz, Dizzy Gillespie, Sonny Stitt.
|3||Wee (Allen's Alley)||8:27|
|4||Lover Come Back To Me||9:32|
|5||Dark Eyes (Alternate - Previously Unreleased)||9:51|
- Manufactured By – PolyGram Classics
- Marketed By – PolyGram Classics
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – PolyGram Records, Inc.
- Copyright (c) – PolyGram Records, Inc.
- Mastered At – PolyGram Studios
- Designed At – HughesGroup
- Pressed By – PMDC, Germany
- Alto Saxophone – Sonny Stitt
- Art Direction [Original] – Sheldon Marks
- Bass – Ray Brown
- Design [For Compact Disc] – Tom & Ellie Hughes
- Drums – Stan Levey
- Guitar – Herb Ellis
- Piano – John Lewis
- Producer [Original Session] – Norman Granz
- Reissue Producer [Prepared For Compact Disc] – Richard Seidel, Seth Rothstein
- Remastered By [Digitally] – Tom "Curly" Ruff*
- Research [Tape Vault], Liner Notes [Additional Commentary] – Phil Schaap
- Tenor Saxophone – Stan Getz
- Trumpet – Dizzy Gillespie
NotesRecorded October 16, 1956 in Los Angeles
Track 5: Additional track on CD only
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode (Text): 0 422-837435-2 6
- Barcode (Scanned): 042283743526
- Label Code: LC 0383
- Matrix / Runout: 837 435-2 01 /
- Matrix / Runout: MADE IN GERMANY BY PMDC YK
- Mastering SID Code: none
- Mould SID Code: IFPI 01M7
- Price Code (Boxed in separately): POL 900
- SPARS Code: AAD
- Rights Society (Boxed in separately): B.I.E.M. STEMRA
|MG V-8198||Stan Getz / Dizzy Gillespie / Sonny Stitt||Stan Getz / Dizzy Gillespie / Sonny Stitt - For Musicians Only (LP, Album, Mono)||Verve Records||MG V-8198||US||1957|
|MGV 8198||Stan Getz - Dizzy Gillespie - Sonny Stitt||Stan Getz - Dizzy Gillespie - Sonny Stitt - For Musicians Only (LP, Album, Mono)||Verve Records||MGV 8198||Italy||Unknown|
|2332 064||Stan Getz / Dizzy Gillespie / Sonny Stitt||Stan Getz / Dizzy Gillespie / Sonny Stitt - For Musicians Only (LP, Album, RE)||Verve Records||2332 064||Germany||1975|
|3643||Stan Getz - Dizzy Gillespie - Sonny Stitt||Stan Getz - Dizzy Gillespie - Sonny Stitt - Swing Chez Les 3 Grands (LP, Album)||Barclay-Verve||3643||France||1958|
|GSL 338||Stan Getz / Dizzy Gillespie / Sonny Stitt||Stan Getz / Dizzy Gillespie / Sonny Stitt - For Musicians Only (LP, Album, RE)||Verve Records||GSL 338||South Africa||1989|