Gang of Four have instead hit the studio to capture the spirit of their live show, in the way they feel the old albums never did. It's the band's right to feel they're upgrading their old work to some standard they think it fell short of (Burnham apparently hated the drum sound on the original records), but last I checked, almost no one else was talking about room for improvement where "To Hell With Poverty" and "Damaged Goods" were concerned.
P 2005 V2 Records International under exclusive licence from Gang Of Four. C 2005 V2 Records International under exclusive licence from Gang Of Four. Marketed and Distributed by Festival Mushroom Records under exclusive license for the territories of Australia and New Zealand.
Exclusive discount for Prime members. Sample this album Artist (Sample). These veterans seem to symbolically return the gift of false flattery that the younger generation has given them through near-plagiarism, making the ironic mantra from "Natural's Not in It" seem even more prescient now: "Repackaged sex keeps your interest"-in other words, sex only keeps the consumer's interest for the time while he dances to the latest alterna-disco hit
Entertainment! is the debut album by English post-punk band Gang of Four, released in September 1979. This album was released on EMI in the UK and on Warner Bros. in the US. Stylistically, the album draws on punk but also incorporates the influence of funk, dance music, reggae and dub. Its lyrics and artwork reflected the band's left-wing political concerns. It would be an influential release in the burgeoning post-punk movement.
gang of four return the gift. play) (pause) (download) (fb) (vk) (tw). 5. Gang Of Four Return the Gift. Gang Of Four Return the Gift (1979).
Or consider a donation? Four Tet. Everything Ecstatic.
Natural's Not In It - Live in Los Angeles CA 2019. Isle Of Dogs - Live in Los Angeles CA 2019. I Found That Essence Rare. At Home He's A Tourist. We Live As We Dream, Alone. To Hell With Poverty. What We All Want (Dandy Warhols Remix). I Love A Man In Uniform. Wedding Bells (Are Breaking Up That Old Gang Of Mine).
However, Gang of Four’s stance on this subject is left unclear by the end of the song. Considering their Situationist and Marxist leanings, it is possible that their theory of civilizational development is based on, or related to, historical materialism, which proposes that history is primarily shaped by material conditions rather than by the actions of a few so-called great men. "Not Great Men" Track Info. 6. Guns Before Butter. 7.
Tracklist Hide Credits
|1-1||To Hell With Poverty||3:56|
|1-3||Natural's Not In It||3:08|
|1-4||Not Great Men||3:10|
|1-8||What We All Want||4:53|
|1-10||He'd Send The Army||4:12|
|1-12||I Love A Man In Uniform||3:40|
|1-13||At Home He's A Tourist||3:38|
|1-14||We Live As We Dream, Alone||3:16|
|2-15||To Hell With Poverty (Go Home Productions Remix)
Producer [Additional], Remix – Go Home Productions
|2-16||Natural's Not In It (Ladytron Remodel)
Remix, Producer [Additional], Instrumentation By – Daniel Hunt, Reuben Wu
|2-17||I Love A Man In Uniform (Yeah Yeah Yeahs Remix)
Remix – Nick ZinnerVocals [Additional] – Karen O
|2-18||Ether (Into The Ether Remix)
Engineer – Andrew Alekel, Colin Mitchell, Mitch TownsendProgrammed By, Keyboards – Neil KanalRemix, Engineer, Programmed By, Keyboards – Tony Kanal
|2-19||At Home He's A Tourist (The Others Remix)
Remix – The Others
|2-20||Not Great Men (Phones Extended Version)
Remix – Paul Epworth
|2-21||Anthrax (Faultline Remix)
Remix – Faultline
|2-22||Damaged Goods (Hot Hot Heat Remix)
Remix – Dustin Hawthorne
|2-23||Why Theory? (Amusement Parks On Fire Remix)
Remix – Amusement Parks On Fire
|2-24||Natural's Not In It (Repackaged By The Rakes)
Engineer – Rich File*Remix – The Rakes
|2-25||At Home He's A Tourist (The Others Alternate Mix)
Remix – The Others
|2-26||What We All Want (Dandy Warhols Remix)
Remix – The Dandy Warhols
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – V2 Records International
- Copyright (c) – V2 Records International
- Licensed From – Gang Of Four
- Distributed By – Pinnacle
- Distributed By – RMG Chart Entertainment Ltd.
- Distributed By – Sony Music
- Distributed By – Rough Trade Distribution
- Distributed By – Edel Records Austria GmbH
- Distributed By – V2
- Distributed By – TBA
- Distributed By – Edel Italia Srl
- Distributed By – Bonnier Amigo
- Manufactured By – Sonopress – 51585430
- Manufactured By – Sonopress – 51585427
- Mastered At – Alchemy Mastering
- Recorded At – Beauchamp Building
- Mixed At – Beauchamp Building
- Coordinator [Remixed Co-ordinated By] – Jill Hollywood
- Engineer – Andy Gill, Helen Ward , Sam Morton
- Management – Big Life Management
- Mastered By – John Davis
- Mixed By – Andy Gill (tracks: 1-1, 1-2, 1-4, 1-5, 1-7 to 1-9, 1-11, 1-12, 1-14), Clive Goddard (tracks: 1-3, 1-5, 1-6, 1-10, 1-11, 1-13)
- Producer – Andy Gill
- Programmed By [Additional Pro Tools] – Nigel Walton
- Written-By – Gill*, Allen* (tracks: 1-1 to 1-6, 1-8 to 1-10, 1-13, 2-15, 2-16, 2-18 to 2-26), Burnham* (tracks: 1-1 to 1-6, 1-8 to 1-10, 1-13, 2-15, 2-16, 2-18 to 2-26), King* (tracks: 1-1 to 1-10, 1-12 to 2-26)
NotesDisc 2 is a bonus disc of remixes.
Mastered @ Alchemy.
Additional Pro Tools @ The Edit Suite.
Recorded & mixed at The Beauchamp building, London, UK.
Track 2-18 remixed for Kingsbury Studios.
Track 2-19, 2-24 & 2-25 remixed for CEC Management.
Track 21 remixed for Big Life Management.
℗2005 V2 Records International under exclusive license from Gang Of Four.
©2005 V2 Records International under exclusive license from Gang Of Four.
Made in the EC.
V2 Distribution: UK-Pinnacle, Eire-RMG Chart Entertainment Ltd, France-Sony Music, Germany-Rough Trade Distribution GmbH, Austria-Edel Records Austria GmbH, Benelux-C2, Switzerland-TBA AG, Italy-Edel Italia Srt, Scandinavia-Bonnie Amigo.
Packaging: Slim double jewel case with a 8-page booklet.
Category VVR1034432 appears on both spines, back cover, discs, back of booklet and sticker on jewel case.
Category 707.3443.2 appears on back cover and discs.
A V2 logo appears on the back cover.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode (String): 5033197344324
- Barcode (Printed): 5 033197 344324 >
- Matrix / Runout (CD1): 51585430/VVR1034432-DISC1 23
- Mastering SID Code (CD1): IFPI LP 73
- Mould SID Code (CD1): IFPI 0729
- Matrix / Runout (CD 2): 51585427/VVR1034432-DISC2 21
- Mastering SID Code (CD2): IFPI LB47
- Mould SID Code (CD2): IFPI 0756
- Label Code: LC 01801
- Rights Society: BIEM/n©b/mcps/GEMA/SACEM/SDRM/SACD/SGDL/STEMRA/SIAE
|63881-27280-2||Gang Of Four||Return The Gift (2xCD, Album)||V2||63881-27280-2||US||2005|
|VVR1034432||Gang Of Four||Return The Gift (2xCD, Album)||V2||VVR1034432||Philippines||2005|
|63881-27270-2||Gang Of Four||Return The Gift (CD, Album, Ltd)||V2 records||63881-27270-2||US||2005|
|V2CP238-239||Gang Of Four||Return The Gift (2xCD)||V2 Records||V2CP238-239||Japan||2005|
|none||Gang Of Four||Return The Gift (CDr, Promo)||V2 records||none||UK||2005|