Tales of Us is the sixth studio album by English electronic music duo Goldfrapp, released on 6 September 2013 by Mute Records. In June 2013, the duo embarked on the Tales of Us Tour to promote the album. Goldfrapp began recording their sixth studio album in April 2011, recording in the English countryside, then mixing in London.
Exclusively for Prime members. Sample this album Artist (Sample). The music is haunting, well orchestrated, and transports the listener to another realm. Each song tells a separate story but the album is meant to be listened to as a whole.
In June 2013, the duo embarked on the Tales of Us Tour to promote the album. On 20 January 2014, Goldfrapp announced a one-off screening of their thirty-minute film anthology Tales of Us, which was shown by Arts Alliance Media in select theatres across the UK, Europe, North America, Australia and New Zealand on the evening of 4 March. Co-created by Alison Goldfrapp and Gunning, the film follows five characters-Stranger, Laurel, Jo, Drew and Annabel-and spans themes of love, loss, madness and identity.
Earlier this year, electro-pop outfit Goldfrapp released a singles compilation called simply The Singles. Now, they've announced plans to return with a brand new full-length. The new release is called Tales of Us and features 10 brand new songs from the group.
Alison Goldfrapp isn’t a fan of her last record with partner Will Gregory. Last year, the English singer told Idolator of 2010’s Head First: I’m not very proud of that one. I think there are some good tunes on there. I feel like we should have given them to someone else instead of us releasing them as Goldfrapp. Hopefully she’ll be more fond of Goldfrapp’s next album, Tales of Us. The electro duo have confirmed that their sixth full-length will be released in the . on September 9 and in the .
With Tales of Us, the dance floor isn’t just empty; it’s burnt to a husk and shrouded in darkness.
Details concerning Goldfrapp's haunting, noirish sixth album Tales of Us were sparse at first. A promotional trailer was released in June, but it had quietly flown past the radar until a stunning black and white video appeared in late summer for "Drew", the record’s exquisite first single. I hadn’t been aware Alison Goldfrapp and Will Gregory were even intending to deliver a record this year, and I was uncertain as to what sound they would be presenting this time around
Tracklist Hide Credits
Double Bass – Charlie Jones
Bass Guitar – Alex Lee
Acoustic Guitar – Alex Lee , Steve EvansDrums – John Parish, Martyn Barker
Cello – Ian BurdgeGuitar – John ParricelliViola – John MetcalfeViolin – Louisa Fuller
Bass Guitar – Charlie JonesElectric Guitar, Acoustic Guitar, Guitar [Nashville Guitar] – Alex Lee Guitar [Indian Guitar], Drums – Martyn Barker
Effects [Horse Fx] – Paul Cowgill
Acoustic Guitar, Cavaquinho – Ross HughesDrums – John Parish
Acoustic Guitar – Steve EvansDouble Bass – Chris Laurence
Acoustic Guitar – Alex Lee , Steve EvansDrums – Martyn Barker
Acoustic Guitar – Alex Lee , Steve EvansDrums – Martyn Barker
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Mute Artists Ltd.
- Copyright (c) – Mute Artists Ltd.
- Published By – Warner Chappell Music Ltd.
- Mixed At – Miloco Studios
- Mixed At – Toast
- Recorded At – Angel Studios
- Mastered At – Loud Mastering
- Designed At – Big Active
- Manufactured By – Keyproduction.co.uk
- Arranged By [String Arrangements] – Will Gregory
- Art Direction [Artwork Directed By] – Alison Goldfrapp, Mat Maitland
- Cello – Chris Allan* (tracks: 1 to 3, 7 to 10), Ian Burdge (tracks: 1 to 3, 7 to 10), Nick Cooper (tracks: 1 to 3, 7 to 10), Penny Driver (tracks: 1 to 3, 7 to 10), Sophie Harris (tracks: 1 to 3, 7 to 10)
- Double Bass [Basses] – Chris Laurence (tracks: 1 to 3, 7 to 10), Richard Pryce (tracks: 1 to 3, 7 to 10), Stacey Watton (tracks: 1 to 3, 7 to 10)
- Engineer [Additional Engineering] – Eduardo de la Paz Canel* (tracks: 7), Greg Freeman (tracks: 1, 3 to 5, 10)
- Graphics [Image Treatments] – Julie Rubio
- Instruments [All Other Instruments Played By] – Alison*, Will*
- Management – Fascination Management
- Mastered By – John Dent
- Mixed By – Craig Silvey
- Mixed By [Craig Silvey Assisted By] – Eduardo de la Paz Canel*
- Photography By – Annemerieke Van Drimmelen
- Photography By [Additional Photography] – Lenka Rayn H.
- Programmed By [Additional Programming] – Aidan Love (tracks: 7), Steve Evans (tracks: 3, 6, 7, 10)
- Recorded By [Strings] – Gary Thomas
- Score [String Scoring], Conductor [String Conducting] – Nick Ingman
- Viola – Andy Parker* (tracks: 1 to 3, 7 to 10), Bill Hawkes (tracks: 1 to 3, 7 to 10), Bruce White (tracks: 1 to 3, 7 to 10), Morgan Goff (tracks: 1 to 3, 7 to 10), Nick Barr (tracks: 1 to 3, 7 to 10), Peter Lale (tracks: 1 to 3, 7 to 10)
- Violin – Ann Morfee (tracks: 1 to 3, 7 to 10), Boguslaw Kosteki* (tracks: 1 to 3, 7 to 10), Dave Williams (tracks: 1 to 3, 7 to 10), Debbie Widdup (tracks: 1 to 3, 7 to 10), Emlyn Singleton (tracks: 1 to 3, 7 to 10), Everton Nelson (tracks: 1 to 3, 7 to 10), Ian Humphries (tracks: 1 to 3, 7 to 10), Kathy Shave* (tracks: 1 to 3, 7 to 10), Mark Berrow (tracks: 1 to 3, 7 to 10), Patrick Kiernan (tracks: 1 to 3, 7 to 10), Richard George (tracks: 1 to 3, 7 to 10), Rita Manning (tracks: 1 to 3, 7 to 10), Rusty Pomeroy* (tracks: 1 to 3, 7 to 10), Steve Morris (tracks: 1 to 3, 7 to 10), Tom Pigott-Smith (tracks: 1 to 3, 7 to 10), Warren Zielinski (tracks: 1 to 3, 7 to 10)
- Written-By, Producer – Alison*, Will*
NotesGatefold digisleeve with 20-page lyrics booklet.
All songs published by Warner Chappell Music Ltd
All tracks mixed at Miloco & Toast.
Strings recorded at Angel Studios.
Mastered at Loud Mastering.
Artwork directed at Big Active.
Matrix on CD: 5099961576025 (same as barcode).
This release manufactured by Key Productions.
℗ 2013 Mute Artists Limited. © 2013 Mute Artists Limited. Printed in the EU.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode (Text): 5 099961 576025
- Barcode (String): 5099961576025
- Rights Society: MCPS
- Label Code: LC27959
- Matrix / Runout: KEYPRODUCTION.CO.UK CDSTUMM356V2 22 A00
- Mastering SID Code: IFPI L552
- Mould SID Code: IFPI 94K1
|CDSTUMM356, 5099961576124||Goldfrapp||Tales Of Us (CD, Album)||Mute, Mute||CDSTUMM356, 5099961576124||Europe||2013|
|LOVECD275||Goldfrapp||Tales Of Us (CD, Album)||Love Da Records||LOVECD275||Hong Kong||2013|
|9573-2, 724596957318||Goldfrapp||Tales Of Us (LP, Album, 180 + CD, Album)||Mute, Mute||9573-2, 724596957318||USA & Canada||2013|
|CDJUST619||Goldfrapp||Tales Of Us (CD, Album)||Mute||CDJUST619||South Africa||2013|
|724596961056||Goldfrapp||Tales Of Us (10xFile, FLAC, Album, RE + 10xFile, FLAC + Dlx)||Mute||724596961056||UK, Europe & US||2014|