The song was released as the first single from her second album Speak for Yourself. The single was certified gold by the RIAA on 3 April 2009. Itself influenced by Paul Lansky's "Her Song", the track was later sampled in Jason Derulo's "Whatcha Say", a song receiving international success. As of 2009 the song has sold 647,000 copies in United States.
Trains and sewing machines. All those years they were here first. Oily marks appear on walls Where pleasure moments hung before. The takeover, the sweeping insensitivity of this still life. Trains and sewing machines. Oh, you won't catch me around here) Blood and tears (hearts), They were here first.
What has the media said about the song? In 2018, NPR ranked this as the greatest song by a female or nonbinary artist in the 21st century, saying: Few songs give you goosebumps with every listen.
Elizabeth from Pittsburgh, PaI am a huge fan of Imogen Heap, and probably always will be. The part that speaks to me the most would have to be "What didja say? That it's all for the best, well of course it is," and so on.
play) (pause) (download) (fb) (vk) (tw). play) (pause) (download) (fb) (vk) (tw).
views 208. Repetition on the radio 18. play. it/ImogenHeapthis site?IQid IHeapHAS. As featured on Speak for Yourself.
Download MP3 or another format to your phone or computer. Oh, you won't catch me around here) Blood and tears, They were here first. Mmm, what you say? Mm, that you only meant well?
|1||Hide And Seek (Radio Edit)||3:06|
|2||Hide And Seek (Album Version)||4:29|
- Mastered At – Super Audio Mastering
- Published By – Rondor Music (London) Ltd.
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Megaphonic Records
- Copyright (c) – Megaphonic Records
- Licensed To – RCA Victor Group
- Manufactured By – Sony BMG Music Entertainment
- Distributed By – Sony BMG Music Entertainment
- Pressed By – Sonopress Arvato, USA – EE03502
- Management – Modernwood Management
- Mastered By – Simon Heyworth
- Written-By, Producer – Imogen Heap
Notes℗ & © 2005 Megaphonic Records under license to The RCA Victor Group.
Standard jewel case.
Front insert: 1 page, color print exterior, black print interior.
Back insert: color print exterior, no print interior.
Disc tray: gray.
CD: 2 spot-color print (white and pink).
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Mastering SID Code: IFPI L028
- Mould SID Code: IFPI 1012
- Matrix / Runout: 82876742492 [Sonopress Arvato logo] + + EE03502
- Barcode (Matrix area, Code 39): 742492
|7MEGA2||Imogen Heap||Hide And Seek (7", Single, Ltd, Num, Cle)||Megaphonic Records||7MEGA2||UK||2005|
|none||Imogen Heap||Hide And Seek (DVDr, Promo)||Sony Music Studios||none||US||2006|
|SBCD10||Imogen Heap||Hide & Seek (Tiësto's In Search Of Sunrise Remix) (File, WAV)||Songbird||SBCD10||2007|
|none||Imogen Heap||Hide And Seek (12", S/Sided, W/Lbl)||Not On Label (Imogen Heap)||none||UK||2012|
|Songbird CD 10||Imogen Heap||Hide & Seek (Tiësto's In Search Of Sunrise Remix) (File, MP3)||Songbird||Songbird CD 10||Netherlands||2007|