Bold Conceptions is the debut album by Bob James. The album was recorded between August 13–15, 1962. The cover features a drawing of Bob James at the piano. Three is the third album by jazz musician Bob James. Reception - Released in 1976, the album charted at number two on the Jazz Album Charts. Track listing - "One Mint Julep" – 9:09 - "Women of Ireland" – 8:07 - "Westchester Lady" – 7:29 - "Storm King".
The Bob James Sampler (LP, Promo, Smplr). Tappan Zee Records, Columbia.
All tracks composed by Bob James. Snowbird Fantasy" 7:03. Shepherd's Song" 6:40. Brighton by the Sea" 5:36.
More albums from Bob James: Rameau by Bob James. All Around The Town by Bob James. Two Of A Kind by Bob James. One On One by Bob James. The Swan by Bob James. View all albums . H. By: Bob James (1980, Jazz).
Bob James H was released in 1981 on his Tappan Zee imprint during his great run that began with Touchdown in 1978. Its immediate predecessor is the One on One duet album with Earl Klugh. James recorded it in the same way he'd been making records since joining CTI in the early 1970s: with a large, all-star studio group paired with a couple of top-flight soloists. The former group included trumpeter Jon Faddis, Randy Brecker, and Eddie Daniels; the latter features Grover Washington, J. Hiram Bullock, Airto Moreira, and Buddy Williams
Filed under Jazz Related Pop/Art Song/Folk By BOB JAMES.
Bob James: Bold Conceptions. Bob James, David Sanborn. Morning, Noon And Night.
H. Studio album by. Bob James. Billboard Top Pop Albums. 47. Billboard Top Jazz Albums.
Tracklist Hide Credits
Acoustic Guitar [Solo] – Bruce DunlapPercussion – Airto*
Acoustic Guitar [Solo] – David Brown Bass – Doug StegmeyerDrums – Liberty DeVitto
|A3||Brighton By The Sea||5:36|
Percussion – Leonard "Dr." Gibbs*Vocals – Hiram Bullock
Acoustic Guitar – David Brown Bass – Doug StegmeyerDrums – Liberty DeVittoPercussion – Ralph MacDonald
Acoustic Guitar – Bruce DunlapPercussion – Airto*
- Bass – Gary King
- Cello – Charles McCracken, Jonathan Abramowitz
- Concertmaster – David Nadien
- Coordinator – Marion Orr
- Design – Paula Scher
- Drums – Buddy Williams
- Electric Guitar – Hiram Bullock
- Engineer – Joe Jorgensen
- Engineer [Assistant] – Brian McGee , Mark Chusid*
- Mastered By [Mastering Engineer] – Vladimir Meller*
- Photography – Buddy Endress
- Photography [Inside] – Jim Houghton
- Piano, Electric Piano [Fender Rhodes], Synthesizer [Oberheim Polyphonic] – Bob James
- Producer [Associate] – Joe Jorgensen
- Producer, Arranged By, Conductor – Bob James
- Soprano Saxophone, Tin Whistle – Grover Washington, Jr.
- Trombone – Barry Rogers, Jim Pugh, Paul Faulise
- Trumpet – Danny Cahn, Jon Faddis, Mike Lawrence, Randy Brecker
- Viola – Al Brown*, LaMar Alsop
- Violin – Barry Finclair, Jan Mullen, Lewis Ely*, Marvin Morgenstern, Matthew Raimondi, Max Ellen, Regis Iandiorio
- Woodwind – Eddie Daniels, George Marge, Jerry Dodgion, Phil Bodner, Romeo Penque
NotesRecorded at Mediasound, New York City. Mixed at SoundMixers, New York City. Mastered at CBS Recording Studios, New York City on the CBS Discomputer.
Cat. No. on cover: PC 36422
Cat. No. on label: C 36422
Has also the typical columbia "circle around the upside down triangle" on the side A label.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 0 74643 6422-1 02
|JC 36422||Bob James||H (LP, Album, Gat)||Tappan Zee Records||JC 36422||US||1980|
|JC 36422||Bob James||H (LP, Album, Gat)||Tappan Zee Records, Columbia||JC 36422||US||1980|
|AS 808||Bob James||The Bob James Sampler (LP, Promo, Smplr)||Tappan Zee Records, Columbia||AS 808||US||1980|
|JCT 36422||Bob James||H (Cass, Album)||Tappan Zee Records||JCT 36422||US||1980|
|SBP 237454||Bob James||H (LP, Album, Gat)||CBS||SBP 237454||New Zealand||1980|