Produced by DJ Quik for 2 Quik Productionz. Other Versions (5 of 7) View All. Cat.
Way 2 Fonky is the second studio album by American hip hop artist and producer DJ Quik; released by Profile Records on July 21, 1992. Recording sessions for the album took place during 1991 and 1992. Production was handled by DJ Quik and was executive produced Courtney Branch and Tracy Kendrick. The album debuted at number ten on the US Billboard 200 chart on August 8, 1992, selling 120,000 copies in its first week in the United States
Way 2 Fonky saw Quik involved in two beefs: Quik had an issue with New York rapper Tim Dog, who released the diss tracks Fuck Compton, Step To Me, and DJ Quik Beat Down (Skit) on his album Penicillin on Wax. The other beef was with MC Eiht of Compton’s Most Wanted, who dissed Quik on Def Wish after a perceived diss from Quik’s track Real Doe on The Red Tape. The album debuted at number 10 on the Billboard 200 chart and was certified gold three months after its release. The album spawned the hit single Jus Lyke Compton and the title track was released as the second single.
Album · 1992 · 12 Songs.
Download MP3. DJ Quik. 1 2 3 4 5. Artist songs. Born and Raised In Compton. Snoop Dogg, Nate Dogg, DJ Quik, AMG, El DeBarge, 2nd II None.
play) (pause) (download) (fb) (vk) (tw). play) (pause) (download) (fb) (vk) (tw).
Artists DJ Quik Way 2 Fonky. This album has an average beat per minute of 111 BPM (slowest/fastest tempos: 88/146 BPM). See its BPM profile at the bottom of the page. Tracklist Way 2 Fonky.
Letra WAY 2 FONKY (y vídeo musical): Oh yes I'm new and improved, and to a funky-ass groove, My name is Quik and I'm smooth, and I'm making yo' ugly bitch move, With the streets you can't lose, but if you still want to choose, To be a sucker, I got a 380 punk, so duck her, And to you motherfuckers thinking you want.
Финансовые услуги оказывает: ОАО "Промсвязьбанк"
|1||Way 2 Fonky||3:19|
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Profile Records, Inc.
- Copyright (c) – Profile Records, Inc.
- Pressed By – Disctronics USA – 118113
- Published By – Protoons, Inc.
- Published By – Way 2 Quik Music
- Published By – Classic Cut, Inc.
- Art Direction, Design – Rebecca Meek
- Co-producer – Rob "Fonksta" Bacon*
- Engineer – Louie Teran
- Executive-Producer – Courtney Branch, Tracy Kendrick
- Management – Greedy Greg
- Photography By – Robert Lewis
- Producer, Arranged By, Mixed By, Executive-Producer, Engineer – DJ Quik
- Written-By – D. Blake*, E. Evans*
NotesFrom the album Way 2 Fonky.
- Produced, arranged and mixed [...] for 2 Quik Productionz.
- Co-produced [...] for Fonk Mobb Inc.
- Executive produced by DJ Quik for for 2 Quik Productionz and Courtney Branch and Tracy Kendrick for Total Trak Productions, Inc.
- Managed [...] for Westside Management.
Published by: Protoons, Inc. / Way 2 Quik Music / ASCAP / Classic Cut, Inc. / BMI.
Track 1: duration printed on back cover: 3:18. Actual duration noted above.
Contains a portion of More Bounce To The Ounce written by Roger Troutman. Rubberband Music, administered by Polygram / Island Music Group / BMI.
Contains a sample of Falstaff performed by The Watts Prophets / Black Voices. Courtesy of Classic Cut, Inc.
© ℗ 1992 Profile Records, Inc.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Matrix / Runout: **PCD7384** 118113-D1-2286-1
- Matrix / Runout (Text): DISCTRONICS USA
- Rights Society: BMI
|PRO-7384||DJ Quik||Way 2 Fonky / Mo Pussy (12", Single)||Profile Records||PRO-7384||US||1992|
|PCT-5384||DJ Quik||Way 2 Fonky (Cass, Single)||Profile Records||PCT-5384||US||1992|
|PRO-7384-DJ||DJ Quik||Way 2 Fonky / Mo Pussy (12", Promo)||Profile Records||PRO-7384-DJ||US||1992|