Gratitude (Chris Potter album). The award-winning virtuoso and composer is compelling on his tributes to John Coltrane, Eddie Harris, Wayne Shorter, Charlie Parker, and several other legendary saxophonists.
Gratitude is an album by jazz saxophonist Chris Potter released on the Verve label in 2001. Studio album by Chris Potter.
This album has an average beat per minute of 94 BPM (slowest/fastest tempos: 91/98 BPM). See its BPM profile at the bottom of the page. BPM Profile Gratitude. Album starts at BPM, ends at BPM (+0), with tempos within the -BPM range. Try refreshing the page if dots are missing). Recent albums by Chris Potter.
Saxophonist Chris Potter honors the legacy of some of jazz's greats on Gratitude, his debut for Verve. Chris Potter is outstanding on bass clarinet on his composition "The Visitor" for Lester Young and captures the ambience that reflects the many styles of these accomplished players, including sliding from one note to a higher or lower note with intermediate pitches on "The Source," his tribute to the glissandi (sheets of sound) of John Coltrane, and capturing the dense, soulful sound of. Joe Henderson on "Shadow. Gratitude also includes a song titled "What's New," for the current generation which completes the set.
Complete your Chris Potter collection. Gratitude - For All The Past Masters. The Visitor - For Lester Young. Body And Soul - For Coleman Hawkins. Star Eyes - For Charlie Parker. Chris Potter (2). Gratitude (CD, Album).
Listen to Chris Potter Radio featuring songs from Gratitude free online. Слушать бесплатное интернет-радио, спорт, музыку, новости, разговорное и подкасты. События в прямом эфире, трансляции игр NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, университетских команд и матчи Премьер-лиги. Спорт, музыка, новости и подкасты. Слушайте аудиоконтент, который для вас наиболее важен.
Gratitude is a post bop music album recording by CHRIS POTTER released in 2001 on CD, LP/Vinyl and/or cassette. CHRIS POTTER - Gratitude. Filed under Post Bop By CHRIS POTTER.
Chris Potter - Gratitude, 03:07, . MB download mp3 full version here. Artist: Chris Potter. Download Chris Potter - Gratitude. Gratitude: Best 2 songs. Chris Potter - Eurydice 05:57. Chris Potter - Shadow 05:50. Chris Potter: best 2 tracks. Adam Nussbaum, Chris Potter, Joachim Schoenecker, John Goldsby - Analog Guy In The Moment, 2004 04:58. Chris Potter, Peter Herbert, Peter Madsen, Tom Cohen - Well You Needn't Diggin' In - Digging Out, 1999 07:32.
Underground is an album by jazz saxophonist Chris Potter released on the Sunnyside label in 2006.
Tracklist Hide Credits
|1||The Source - For John Coltrane||6:36|
|2||Shadow - For Joe Henderson||5:47|
|3||Sun King - For Sonny Rollins||7:00|
|4||High Noon - For Eddie Harris||8:19|
|5||Eurydice - For Wayne Shorter||6:00|
|6||The Mind's Eye Intro||0:44|
|7||The Mind's Eye - For Michael Brecker And Joe Lovano||7:14|
|8||Gratitude - For All The Past Masters||3:05|
|9||The Visitor - For Lester Young||7:39|
|10||Body And Soul - For Coleman Hawkins
Written-By – Edward Heyman, Frank Eyton, Johnny Green, Robert Sour
|11||Star Eyes - For Charlie Parker
Written-By – Don Raye, Gene DePaul
|12||Vox Humana - For Ornette Coleman||5:24|
|13||What's New - For The Current Generation
Written-By – Bob Haggart, Johnny Burke
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – The Verve Music Group
- Copyright (c) – The Verve Music Group
- Recorded At – Avatar Studios
- Mixed At – River Sound
- Mastered At – Sterling Sound
- Made By – UML
- Alto Flute – Chris Potter (tracks: 4, 7)
- Alto Saxophone – Chris Potter (tracks: 11)
- Art Direction – Hollis King
- Bass – Scott Colley (tracks: 1 to 12)
- Bass Clarinet – Chris Potter (tracks: 4, 7, 10)
- Co-producer – Chris Potter
- Composed By – Chris Potter (tracks: 1 to 9, 12)
- Coordinator – Erin Whelan, John Newcott
- Coordinator [Project Coordinator] – Stephanie Faraci
- Design – Isabelle Wong
- Drums – Brian Blade (tracks: 1 to 12)
- Electric Piano – Kevin Hays (tracks: 2, 4, 6, 7)
- Engineer – Joe Ferla
- Engineer [Assistant] – Ross Petersen
- Flute [Chinese Wood] – Chris Potter (tracks: 12)
- Illustration – Jordin Isip
- Mastered By – Greg Calbi
- Photography By – Michael Piazza
- Piano – Kevin Hays (tracks: 1, 3, 5 to 9, 12)
- Producer – Chris Potter , Jason Olaine
- Producer [Associate Producer] – Scott Morin
- Soprano Saxophone – Chris Potter (tracks: 5, 12)
- Tenor Saxophone – Chris Potter (tracks: 1 to 4, 6 to 9, 13)
NotesRecorded at Avatar Studios, Sept. 27-28, 2000
Mixed at River Sound, Nov. 19-21, 2000
Mastered at Sterling Sound, Nov. 27, 2000
℗&© 2001 The Verve Music Group
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 7 31454 94332 1
- Mastering SID Code: IFPI L009
- Mould SID Code: IFPI 0352
- Matrix / Runout (outer ring): 314 549 4332 01$ A
- Matrix / Runout (inner ring): MADE IN USA BY UML
|3145494332||Chris Potter||Gratitude (CD, Album)||Verve Records||3145494332||Canada||2001|
|549 433-2||Chris Potter||Gratitude (CD, Album)||Verve Records||549 433-2||Europe||2001|